Campus Construction Update

We should breakaway from the UNC system and form the University of Charlotte system. Other states have multiple public university systems.

I did have a plan for that. I’ll repost it below.

University of North Carolina System: University of North Carolina, UNC Greensboro, UNC Pembroke, UNC Asheville, UNC Durham (Currently NC Central)

East Carolina University System: East Carolina University, ECU-Elizabeth City (Currently Elizabeth City State), ECU-Wilmington (Currently UNC-Wilmington)

North Carolina State University System: North Carolina State University, NCSU-Fayetteville (Currently Fayetteville State), NCSU-Greensboro (Currently NC A&T), NCSU-Winston Salem (Currently Winston-Salem State)

University of Charlotte System: University of Charlotte, UC-Concord*

Independent Universities: Appalachian State, Western Carolina

1 Like

Good luck getting politicians to agree to fund that.

2 Likes

Most of the politicians are tar heels. They don’t get the benefit of raping all the other schools in the same system for their benefit that way. Never happens. Our only hope of not being in the system is if some benefactor donates a billion and we break off.

Here is an aerial view of the proposed hotel, can’t recall seeing it before.

1 Like

clt says that hotel NEEDS a rooftop bar

7 Likes

Now that would be the place to go Friday night on home football weekends.

1 Like

Rooftop bar would be a great spot for clt to tether the zep on game days.

With the light rail and the proposed hotel you could have a great game weekend on campus.

I was thinking too, in the mean time, while the (very probable) new practice facility is being built…why not host the Panther’s training camp? Move it from Wofford and this would be a good temp spot. I’m sure Tepper would like to have training camp at the more than likely mega-complex of a training facility he is going to build offsite from the current place. Players wouldn’t have to bunk in dorms like at wofford, but rather stay in a full service Marriot hotel.

Great in theory. Marriott won’t be ready until 2020 (I think), so doubt the timeline would workout.

And I’m sure he’d like to stare at “Jerry Richardson Stadium” for a while.
But then again…maybe the donation and name could be changed to “Tepper Field” @ Appaloosa Management
Stadium !

Wonder if Tepper is contractually obligated to hold preseason at Wofford. :grinning:

Clt could also charge to have us peons watch the game from the zep.

Edit: Clt would, or course, wear his Lone Ranger mask to protect his identity.

He isn’t. He’s already mentioned moving it. But, if I recall correctly, he likes the idea of things being in SC, to truly make it “Carolina” Panthers.

They’ll probably end up building a training facility mixed use development in Fort Mill or Lancaster County.

Red Ventures has tons of land in Indian Land and they’re getting into mixed use development with some of their land holdings down there. I could see them doing something with the Panthers.

clt says the draconian smoking laws will keep clt far away from that hotel

4everniner reminds clt that the hotel is going to be here, not in Draconia.

clt says too many rules today

Construction stopped on the indoor baseball facility for a little while after the construction accident, but it looks like they are back to work.

https://twitter.com/Benji_91/status/1020102080055390209