Campus Construction Update

Are we really cutting off that much of the right field corner?

Looks like building is new foul line

Yeah, they moved the fence in from 335 to 315 down the line last year to put the bullpen out there. I though they would have a taller fence when they replaced the wooden one, but it is the same height.

Hope we’re looking for more lefties that like to pull the ball with above average pop.

Looks like there will be about 2’ from the line to the facility.

Not sure this is a good thing.

clt says compare the softball grass to the baseball grass.

#judyliveson

Why? Both teams play on the field. Home team should know how to have a team that plays to the strength of its field.

They’re spending $125k more on softball because site conditions are worse than beisbol.

Thanks. I’m glad we got the building finally but this placement seems odd to me.

2 Likes
1 Like

Sorry to ask this here but how do I post a shout or capture a quote before I comment in a thread with a smartphone?

To open the shoutbox, click on the megaphone icon . Type your message and then hit “enter”

To quote, you can highlight the text and then hit “reply”

I’m guessing that the reasoning for the placement is that it saved money and was more functional where it is located. The area was already graded. They were limited on the one side by the huge retaining wall and the fire access drive, so it was pushed closer to the field.

Their clubhouse is right across the street next to softball field so it makes sense to build it close to their clubhouse. The LF side of the field is very close to a floodplain, which I’m guessing is why they have crappy site conditions with the softball facility being so close to the creek.

These are the old plans that I saw before brick siding was added to them, but the footprint is the same.

I guess this is the proper thread to post this. Halton Arena got some new lights.

Man I wish they would fix that CUSA “smudge” in the lane. Looks horrible. Outline it in green or something. Looks like a mistake.

1 Like

Makes sense, easy to fix when we move to $EC.

2 Likes

I think replacing the black baselines and sidelines with green would look awesome. I know it’s crazy to say we should use our school color, but that’s just me. Maybe we will see that change in the Mike Hill Era.

2 Likes

clt would like to see the c pick back at haltron

To whoever ordered the banners for our lampposts, go bigger next time… These are a joke. Impossible to read.

1 Like