Campus Construction Update

I think part of what made the living in Moore special was being in close quarters with your roommate, suitemates, and others on the floor. Nothing creates a bond like sharing a hall bathroom with 9 other guys. You just can’t replicate the experience if you are locked away in your private room, with headphones on playing video games with “friends” you have never actually met.

2 Likes

We were the “muthers” on the 7th floor.

Yep. That’s the Charlotte tradition. (Charlotte being the city/area, not the school.)

I had a supersingle in Holshouser, I don’t think I ever even got the names of the other guys on my floor. All my buddies lived in Cypress on the other side of campus. My room in Holshouser was for sleeping Mon-Thurs and the occasional times I’d need to actually do homework; outside of that, I was in Cypress.

I don’t even think I met our floor’s RA until like spring break. Most I talked to anybody in Holshouser was a guy 2 doors down asking me to take his college algebra final for him.

clt doubts if moore hall will be ready for students in a few weeks.

Where is that athletic field in the second photo?

Practice soccer field next to Wells Fargo Fieldhouse.

1 Like

I was on the 3rd floor in Scott. Those were great times. All things must come to an end. :frowning_face:

I was in Holshouser from 74 to 76. I remember signing a petition against renaming the dorm to Holshouser. The man was at the NCSU game against us in Reynolds wearing a red blazer. Screw him!

Holshouser was originally called Dorm '73, right?

I was first class into what was called Dorm '72. I was on the 11th floor. The elevators weren’t running until October! It was a long climb moving in, but then we didn’t have much back then.

'72 would be Scott now

1 Like

Gonna be cool to see the changes… I think.

Yes, Dorm 73 became Holshouser. I was on the 7th floor. I believe the basketball team was on the 3rd floor.

Renovated Bookstore

In before people comment on the multiple shades of green in that pic.

1 Like

click for album, lots of pics

Hotel Aug 5, 2019 https://imgur.com/a/QuuxKad

1 Like

What did they renovate? Looks like the same place to me, exactly.