Carolina Panthers 🐈‍⬛

clt says jordan is the Dan Snyder of the nba

Ben Johnson has been an offensive coordinator for 1 season - he did well. He’s a hot shot young OC that the analytics social media circle loves. Do I think he can be a HC and lead a locker room of men while navigating the circus that is the Carolina Panthers? I’m not so sure.

I’m not opposed to him - he’ll have to put together a great staff. Does he have a sufficient enough network to put together a capable staff? We’ll have to see.

I’m just bearish on Tepper as an owner after his first five seasons. Perhaps he proves me and a lot of others wrong, but I’m going to be skeptical of anything he does based on early results (as I do with Hill after whiffing so badly on his first hires).

He needs to be referred to as “Triple J” !
Jerry Jones Jr!

I may would prefer Jerry Jones - at least Jerry can’t keep his mouth shut so the fans at least know everything he is thinking instead of speculating.

Panthers are idiots if they don’t hire Wilks!

1 Like

Well they are idiots either way, just bigger ones if they don’t.

Coordinators always pull their name out of the running when they see the writing on the wall.
Building something special in Detroit is a statement you dont hear much.

2 Likes

We’ll probably lose Dan Quinn in Dallas, so we’d love to have Wilks replace him as DC !

Does everything Tepper tries seem like it has a sense of desperation to it.

3 Likes

I like Sean Payton, but he owes his success to Drew Brees. He got out after Brees left. You cannot win consistently without a franchise caliber qb, and even then he will need lots of talent and luck around him. And, once you actually pay a franchise qb, it becomes almost impossible to keep good talent around him, so even a great coach needs even more luck. If you get lucky enough to draft a franchise caliber qb, you have about 6 years before you have an Aaron Rogers situation.

The fact that they entertained Deshaun Watson as a QB after everything he had done, then entertained Payton as a coach after bounty gate on the greatest QB the franchise has had, on top of Tepper generally being an ass and a terrible owner - screw this franchise as long as he owns it.

He’s easy money; always looking for a quicker easy way instead of doing the right things first, middle and last. It was really so stoopid for the DooDoo Browns to sign Watson to any deal, much less a deal that will set their Franchise back 10 years in 2 years. The fact that Tepper entertained a similar type of stupid deal for a predator is bad news for the Carolina Panthers and their fans. What teams still in the playoffs took similar short cut attempts? None!

I think hiring either of the first two names on the list plus Frank Reich as OC would be a positive move for Tepper, and the right thing to do.

We will see.

comedy central GIF by Drunk History