Cars

[QUOTE=Gill2003;191921]Woot, I just added a poll.

Stock LS1 Z (with typical flowmaster) pulls only 275HP on a dyno, but torque 290. 290! Thats more then more pick up trucks! But I am kinda hestitant about that 275, only because I got it off a enthusiast site. It could be biased.

Is your car stock?[/QUOTE]
My car is mostly stock. I’ve added a little to it. LS1 pulls right at 300 horse power at the wheels and 315 ft-lb or so torque. At the flywheel it’s 325 and 340. Sticker numbers were marked down on the Z to make the SS and vette look like they had more, but it was all the same. Either way, I can spin the tires in 4 gears… It’s a fun car!

[QUOTE=NinerPride;191936]If we are talking cars, no American product should be listed in my opinion. Now I don’t know much about cars. Your horsepower and torque and all the other bs you guys are talking is over my head. I just replaced my Acura TL with another. And when I’m ready for a new car I can’t see me getting anything different.[/QUOTE]
Hate to tell you dude, but despite what you think, Acura IS American! Nice domestic. Glad you like it! :biggrin:

There are a few cars out there that catch my eye in terms of design and refinement...

06 BMWs
Lexus IS series
Acuras
Infiniti 35 Coupe, M class
Nissan 350Z (somewhat)
Mazda RX8

Everything else is just too ordinary…

Sounds like me and you are on about the exact same page. I love the IS-300! The new IS-350 actually doesn’t do that much for me.

I own an Acura RSX-S and love it! I really like the TSX and TL.

What I wouldn’t give for a 350Z and to a lesser extent a G35!

Hate to tell you dude, but despite what you think, Acura IS American! Nice domestic. Glad you like it! :biggrin:

Hmm…Designed and engineered by Japanese, profits go to Japan. I’m not sure I would call that a domestic, even if it is built here. Using your logic, pretty much every minivan in the US is an import.

Acura is not a domestic company, therefore they do not produce domestic automobiles.

Seems like i stumbled into a thread for gear heads…but I will add my 2 cents…

I have owned a Wrangler for about 4 years now…and it is…without a doubt…the most fun I have ever had in a car…(well…almost :wink:)

People bitch about the dependability of Jeeps but I have owned 3 and never had to spend a red cent on any of them…even though I do need to replace the top on my Wrangler.

Plus…girls in Jeeps are HOT!!!

I have owned 3 and never had to spend a red cent on any of them...
THIEF!!!!!!!!

Will… seriously…

I have to prove you wrong… once again!

Should of googled z4 coupe… :wink:

[QUOTE=49or bust;192013]THIEF!!![/QUOTE]

Yea…that didnt come out right…I mean never had any trouble out of em.

When my wife and I found out we were having a baby…my wife had a little 2 door civic…a hold over from college…she instantly wanted to buy a new car (cause of the room)…but wasnt sure if we should trade in her car or the Wrangler…I bitched and we kept the Wrangler and bought a Grand Cherokee…

Moral of the story…

Wranglers might be one hell of a fun vehicle…but they are not designed to lug a 3 month old around!!!

Hmm...Designed and engineered by Japanese, profits go to Japan. I'm not sure I would call that a domestic, even if it is built here. Using your logic, pretty much every minivan in the US is an import.

Acura is not a domestic company, therefore they do not produce domestic automobiles.

I know this about Acuras…

TSX’s are made in Japan

TL’s are made in the US

you are correct…

Wrangler = My Summer Car

My wrangler is stripped out. No carpet or AC. With the Top down, and the mud tires singing… girls flock

Interesting Fact from Gill

TSX is the Euro Accord Type R

Will.. seriously....

I have to prove you wrong… once again!

http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/images/1376162283883584.JPG?0.34984475629752476

Should of googled z4 coupe… :wink:

Gill, Gill, Gill… you havn’t proven me wrong once so how can you do it again?

You said the coupe version. They are all coupes. A convertable is a coupe. A hard top is still a coupe. You meant to say “the hard top version is HOT!”

…You would have been right too. The hard top version does look sweet.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;192017]Wrangler = My Summer Car

My wrangler is stripped out. No carpet or AC. With the Top down, and the mud tires singing… girls flock[/QUOTE]

I have a 2000 tj…2 inch lift…34 inch AT BFG’s…Mickey Thompson mud chromes…about to get brush bars installed in a month or two.

No. The z4 is not a hardtop version. It is a coupe. They did not just put a roof on the car (which is what a hardtop version would be). It was redesigned with the roof incorporated.

Since it is z4 convertible, and designed as a convertible and not a car with a convertible option, it is known as a convertible. Not a convertible coupe or convertible version. It is in otherwords, a roadster or true convertible.

I love my Audi A3. It’s my second volkswagen (had a Jetta years ago). When I was looking, I thought it looked like a Chevy Malibu Maxx. Then I sat down and closed the door. The first time I drove it, I was blown away. I bought it 2 days later. I have had more fun driving this car than any other I have ever had. Very few cars I’ve driven are more fun. It is quicker down straights than my brother’s 325 though he has more torque coming out of corners. My other brother’s RSX is good competition, but he’s a better driver than I am.

When they first drove the A3, the first thing they said is “whoa this doesn’t drive like a wagon!” I was quick to point out that it is not a wagon, it is a sportback. Jerks!

Anyways, it has a turbocharged 2-litre 4 banger. 200 hp, 207 lb ft of torque in a car that is between the golf and jetta in size. It’s a hoot. Not quite the gokart ride of a Mini, but definitely not a slouch!

I thought that the A3 was basically an AWD Gti?

I thought that the A3 was basically an AWD Gti?

Nope. There is an AWD version, but mine is rwd. the AWD version only comes with a DSG and I wanted a stick. It is built on a Jetta platform and is about 1 ft longer than a golf.

No. The z4 is not a hardtop version. It is a coupe. They did not just put a roof on the car (which is what a hardtop version would be). It was redesigned with the roof incorporated.

Since it is z4 convertible, and designed as a convertible and not a car with a convertible option, it is known as a convertible. Not a convertible coupe or convertible version. It is in otherwords, a roadster or true convertible.

Thats weird. I never knew they considered convertable coupes as non-coupes.

I like Audi’s, I’m just not sold on them past 5 years, and I’m a keeper type.

ANBORN -> Do NOT buy an Altima. Sorry to bash them, but they have turned out to be a major disappointment. Tons of problems, shoddy construction quality, etc. In fact, I’m kind of down on the entire Nissan line except for a few of the Infinitis.

[QUOTE=Noreaster;192010]Hmm…Designed and engineered by Japanese, profits go to Japan. I’m not sure I would call that a domestic, even if it is built here. Using your logic, pretty much every minivan in the US is an import.

Acura is not a domestic company, therefore they do not produce domestic automobiles.[/QUOTE]
Apologies. I am a huge car buff, but I don’t pay attention to any out of the big three really and I had been told by someone once that Acura was in fact an American car. I was wrong. Saying it’s American would mean I’d have to call mine Canadian… That ain’t happening!