Chants for Wednesday

Somebody bring a map with the route from Philly to Charlotte outlined to let olā€™ Cheney know where Charlotte is.

SF, thatā€™s a great idea.

It actually reminds me of the prank though that Yale played on Harvard, so beware.

how about ā€œIngram 4 Heismanā€

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;152644]SF, thatā€™s a great idea.

It actually reminds me of the prank though that Yale played on Harvard, so beware.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of that, it was a great prank. Just in case you havenā€™t seen itā€¦
www.harvardsucks.org

Seriously though, it would look pretty cool from across the arena I think. I might try to get on this for the next game after Wednesdayā€™s. Getting people to actually hold them up though may be a problem. It would be just a piece of paper. The sections are what, 15 seats across right? Iā€™d only make it about halfway up the section maybe, because we gotta take into account people not showing.

The Richmond game is televised, and would be a good time to roll it out. You should present an idea to the people in the ticket office and see if theyā€™ll fund it.

Soooooooooā€¦ which chant are we going with?

we were thinking about distributing pieces of paper to the student section with numbers on it. when someone at the bottom held up that number you chant what that number says.

Thatā€™s a good idea.

Michael Roach, who sends out the weekly e-mail to the 200+ Niner Nation Gold members could definitely help us out with that, sending an e-mail out to everyone perhaps.

The same problem we seem to have every game. A lot of ideas, no real consensus about what to do.

Start a poll if you need to, just figure out SOMETHING for us to chant. I donā€™t care if it is ā€œJohn Cheaney is oldā€ I just want some faith that we can actually get a loud chant of something that isnā€™t standard to every basketball crowd ever assembled (D-fence!, Letā€™s Go (TEAM), ect). Baby steps, lets come up with one non-standard chant and some kind of signal that will allow us to do it at any point in the game. Then lets try that out first before we try chant sheets for the 10th time (and fail for the 10th time).

The hooting wasnt too bad an Idea.

I donā€™t think we need to worry about being original. The man has been around forever, he has heard every chant possible

Where can I blow up (ie make bigger) a picture of Cheaney to put on a poster? Anybody around campus do that?

kinkos but it will cost you

[QUOTE=gotLutz;152705]Where can I blow up (ie make bigger) a picture of Cheaney to put on a poster? Anybody around campus do that?[/QUOTE]

Not really a poster, but Rasterbator would make a picture as big as the whole student section. Of course, it would only really be visible from across the arenaā€¦

I say go with the ā€œYour in Charlotteā€ idea.

I say we still a little something from the NFL. We Must Clap Clap We Must Clap Clap Protect Clap Clap this house

Kindy Chessy but it could work

Anyone watch any soccer in here? The premier league across the pond? Those are the kinda chants we need. They dont really say much, its more of a humming, but it sounds pretty proffesionalā€¦

Oh and let me add somethin elseā€¦

It sucks that we let the other teams fans run around our houseā€¦ Next time that happens, lets run after them chanting the 49ā€¦ Ninerā€¦ chant, getting the crowd into it. Although against the Dayton fans we had a few of our guys chasing them down with those foam pick axes!!

Also, IMOP I think ripping down the GO DAYTON sign wasnt a good idea. They are fans like us, do something else, like cover it up or somethingā€¦

Iā€™ve heard them on TV when Xavier played GW, and also when Gonzaga played

I donā€™t know Gill. Whatever we do, just show up about 40 minutes before the game. Weā€™ll get together and start something.

If any of you on the board see us, just joint us. Iā€™ll have face paint on, and weā€™ll be in the first few rows of 105. Specifically, my seat is 105, Row C, Seats 5-6

hey if yaā€™ll get there an hour before we can work on stuff even better. pep band is supposed to be there a hour before. it would be a good tradition to start. i think.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;152741]Anyone watch any soccer in here? The premier league across the pond? Those are the kinda chants we need. They dont really say much, its more of a humming, but it sounds pretty proffesionalā€¦

Oh and let me add somethin elseā€¦

It sucks that we let the other teams fans run around our houseā€¦ Next time that happens, lets run after them chanting the 49ā€¦ Ninerā€¦ chant, getting the crowd into it. Although against the Dayton fans we had a few of our guys chasing them down with those foam pick axes!!

Also, IMOP I think ripping down the GO DAYTON sign wasnt a good idea. They are fans like us, do something else, like cover it up or somethingā€¦[/QUOTE]

The soccer chants (humming) with some of the traditional stuff mixed in is the way to go. Use NNNNNNNNNNN followed by Niners. Need some basic stuff to use on offense, defense, FT shooting, etc.

I saw CMACK and a couple of others join the Dayton parade. It was hilarious!:lmao: