Charlotte 49ers Athletic Facilities Master Plan discussion

We desperately need additional seating for the Duke game in 2021 and the Maryland game in 2022.

I have little doubt we will have a bigger stadium by then. ODU tore down and built a new stadium in under a year. We can expand in a single off-season.

3 Likes

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

These rendering are old, and anyone that can’t guess why Judy never let these be photographed or seen publicly are about brain dead.

They may not be current, but I don’t think they are Judy-era old.

Judy era was a little over a year ago, so that means you think they are new.

The style is identical to the original renderings, which makes me think these were original 2008-2010 renderings that have been hidden.

Respectfully disagree. I do think they are a version of the current plan. I have no basis for that, but to me, these are totally different from the renderings that showed an expanded stadium when JRS was built.

If these are from the Judy era, and she didn’t release them during the revolution, that tells you all you need to know.

1 Like

If you look at the light poles in the 2nd picture you will see that the one nearest the Rose Center is just as tall as the two central poles and behind the stands. From renderings released to the public the “outside” light poles were always shorter (in renderings and IRL) and were never blocked even by the expanded stadium structures in previous renderings.

Either they plan to relocate and extend the 4 poles in these locations, or this was a spec rendering of a stadium expansion before the light pole specifics were finalized, making these images even older than the publicly released renderings from 10 years ago.

I find the age of the renderings to be mostly irrelevant. That they’re being show to recruits currently is far more interesting. There has been chatter for years about the introduction of suites and from Fuller’s comments, adding amenities to enhance the experience is going to be a part of any final version of expansion renderings. This to me says “use these renderings as a mental placeholder for the scope of what we’re going to do and we’ll fill you in on the fine details”

3 Likes

These are definitely newer than the publicly published renderings that were made available prior to construction of the Rich. The suites on the home side have a sign that says “Jerry Richardson Stadium” and that wasn’t announced until after the stadium was built.

Based on that, we can gather they were made within the last six (6) years.

3 Likes

So how many here will be using the suites, in any capacity? Either as an owner or guest of an owner? I’m not thinking I’ll ever be using one in any circumstance. Good for anyone fortunate enough to be able to enjoy them.

Only if I get invited.

Based on Chris Fuller’s comments, I do not think we will have traditional suites.

I think we will, but only in a converted Edwards Promenade, once they move coaches and media to a higher up facility like shown in the rendering. I think anything else will be loge style open air boxes.

The original renderings had a tower press box. Interesting to see that the latest pics don’t include it.

Need CHP to retire so we can get on this. I’d sign up for lifetime rights to get 50 yard line in the lower upper deck.

1 Like

NFL stadiums don’t have towers and we won’t need them either if this upper deck plan is right.

the most recent one almost looks like it’s JUST that middle deck, but a little bit more of it than in that rendition.

That we are showing them to our current recruits and coaches is awesome.

My take on the renderings - they were done after initial construction of stadium, but still old. My operating theory is we prepared some new renderings for CUSA during that process. I do find it interesting that they weren’t made public at some point. Not surprising though - Judy was queen of stealth AD. Not releasing something that would energize the fanbase is exactly who she is.

1 Like

An energized fanbase is full of troublemakers with bad things like “expectations”.

3 Likes