Charlotte at Temple

[quote=ā€œchidave, post:38, topic:30537ā€]Prior this season, I thought this was a game we had a chance of stealing. Temple lost a good deal of talent, and we played them tough here until our D gave out. I thought Temple would take a step back to a 7-8 win type team (not the juggernaut from last year), and if we were on we could win it.

After watching us through three games though, I donā€™t think we are consistent enough on offense to beat them, and even if we keep it close I donā€™t trust our kicking game to let us take a close one. I think we cover, but go down in a 38-14 type game. I would love to be wrong though.[/quote]

I have to agree. I see a near repeat of last weekā€™s final score, though the game may go differently.

You watched us play a triple option team, and without our best player. Didja happen to watch the Penn State game?[/quote]
I did. Comparing Temple and Charlotte: Army is better than EMU, Elon and Stony Brook are in the same FCS conference, and Penn State is not even in the same universe as Lville. So itā€™s hard to judge either team based on opponents so far. And what does the triple option have to do with losing? Good teams can stop it. Didja see what Clemson did to GT last night? The point of my original post was simple: It will be hard for Temple to get to 6 or 7 wins this year unless they do beat us. If we want to go bowling, this is virtually a must win game for us. And no way Temple covers the spread and wins by 30. Itā€™ll be a closer game than that. If notā€¦lord help us.[/quote]

I donā€™t appreciate you mocking me, and Iā€™m not sure how you can say thereā€™s no way we cover the spread. Vegas isnā€™t making up that number to lose money. Btw, Stony Brook absolutely destroyed Richmond, who was #2 in the polls behind NDSU. We absolutely can win 8 games this season including tomorrow.

You watched us play a triple option team, and without our best player. Didja happen to watch the Penn State game?[/quote]
I did. Comparing Temple and Charlotte: Army is better than EMU, Elon and Stony Brook are in the same FCS conference, and Penn State is not even in the same universe as Lville. So itā€™s hard to judge either team based on opponents so far. And what does the triple option have to do with losing? Good teams can stop it. Didja see what Clemson did to GT last night? The point of my original post was simple: It will be hard for Temple to get to 6 or 7 wins this year unless they do beat us. If we want to go bowling, this is virtually a must win game for us. And no way Temple covers the spread and wins by 30. Itā€™ll be a closer game than that. If notā€¦lord help us.[/quote]I think it is pretty easy to judge the teams so far.

We suck. Temple isnā€™t as good as they were last year, but theyā€™re better than we are.[/quote]

Also saying Elon and Stony Brook are in the same conference doesnā€™t demonstrate a full understanding of those teams (or of the quality of FCS in general). Week one Richmond was beating UVA so badly they put their backups in for the 4th quarter. Stony Brook beat Richmond by 3 or 4 touchdowns last week and the game wasnā€™t that close.

The point being, you canā€™t say North Dakota State or Stony Brook, etc., are the same as Campbell or Elon.

I have every expectation we lose this game by 17.

I did. Comparing Temple and Charlotte: Army is better than EMU, Elon and Stony Brook are in the same FCS conference, and Penn State is not even in the same universe as Lville. So itā€™s hard to judge either team based on opponents so far. And what does the triple option have to do with losing? Good teams can stop it. Didja see what Clemson did to GT last night? The point of my original post was simple: It will be hard for Temple to get to 6 or 7 wins this year unless they do beat us. If we want to go bowling, this is virtually a must win game for us. And no way Temple covers the spread and wins by 30. Itā€™ll be a closer game than that. If notā€¦lord help us.[/quote]

I donā€™t appreciate you mocking me, and Iā€™m not sure how you can say thereā€™s no way we cover the spread. Vegas isnā€™t making up that number to lose money. Btw, Stony Brook absolutely destroyed Richmond, who was #2 in the polls behind NDSU. We absolutely can win 8 games this season including tomorrow.[/quote]

Ease up, stallion, I didnā€™t see you getting mocked.

I personally donā€™t know how many games you will win this year (and to be honest, donā€™t really care), But, if it makes you feel better, I know of at least one game you have no chance to lose. Enjoy tomorrow.

I donā€™t appreciate you mocking me, and Iā€™m not sure how you can say thereā€™s no way we cover the spread. Vegas isnā€™t making up that number to lose money. Btw, Stony Brook absolutely destroyed Richmond, who was #2 in the polls behind NDSU. We absolutely can win 8 games this season including tomorrow.[/quote]
I didnā€™t mock you at all. I was just standing by my original post. 1) I donā€™t see Temple winning 8 games or even 7 but a win today would help get them to 7. 2) Temple should not win this game by 30 or more as Vegas seems to think. Temple may win, but the score line should be more like 38 to 20 or 33 to 17 etc. Not something like 45 to 13

Iā€™d love to take the under on Temple winning 8 games this year despite the Owls winning today. Care to back that up.
Owls win seven or less, you send me a Lasalle shirt. If Temple win eight or more, Iā€™ll send you a Davidson T shirt.

While I doubt youā€™"ll respond, send me a PM.

45-14 Templeā€¦Weā€™re just not a good team, at least not up to this point. Hope Iā€™m wrong but I donā€™t see it going very well. Iā€™d like to see our offense make some plays today (KO)

Iā€™d love to take the under on Temple winning 8 games this year despite the Owls winning today. Care to back that up.
Owls win seven or less, you send me a Lasalle shirt. If Temple win eight or more, Iā€™ll send you a Davidson T shirt.

While I doubt youā€™"ll respond, send me a PM.[/quote]

I do not bet on sports, but I appreciate the gesture. My dream is to work at Davidson, so that would be a big win for me. I wouldnā€™t want to touch anything La Salle anyway.

I do not bet on sports, but I appreciate the gesture. My dream is to work at Davidson, so that would be a big win for me. I wouldnā€™t want to touch anything La Salle anyway.[/quote]

That sounds like a nightmare. Good luck.

What does?

Working at Davidson.

Working at Davidson.[/quote]

Lol okay

I do not bet on sports, but I appreciate the gesture. My dream is to work at Davidson, so that would be a big win for me. I wouldnā€™t want to touch anything La Salle anyway.[/quote]

And that is why that would be the bet. I wouldnā€™t want to mess with Davidson stuff either.

Can we please now admit that this team isnā€™t ready for prime time. :-\ We are still a lower tier FCS team trick or treating as an FBS team. We have great players and all by themselves, they look very impressive, however together and on the field with true FBS talent (even those teams that are having a down year), our deficiencies are quickly exploited. Iā€™m not bashing them, itā€™s just a matter of fact. Iā€™m not giving up on this team, however my insanity of thinking (mostly hoping) that this team is going to shock and surprise top tier teams, ESPN, etc, was just that ā€œinsanityā€. My balloon is now completely deflated and is safely back on the ground. I have placed all of my nuts (pun intended) into the basket of ā€œtime and patienceā€.

I will keep pulling for the 49ā€™ers, wear the gear around Raleigh, fly my flags on my home and vehicles, however I will no longer defend our play by saying that we are still young, we moved up too quickly, I will simply say ā€œgo 49ā€™ersā€.

Weā€™re a middle tier FCS team at bestā€¦ I feel bad for The Larry Oā€™s and Khalif Phillips on the team. Our defense might be the worst in FBS without a doubt

There are no mightā€™s about it.

An fbs bridge too far. Moved up too soon but had to take the opportunity.

[quote=ā€œNinerintheheartofACC, post:54, topic:30537ā€]Can we please now admit that this team isnā€™t ready for prime time. :-\ We are still a lower tier FCS team trick or treating as an FBS team. We have great players and all by themselves, they look very impressive, however together and on the field with true FBS talent (even those teams that are having a down year), our deficiencies are quickly exploited. Iā€™m not bashing them, itā€™s just a matter of fact. Iā€™m not giving up on this team, however my insanity of thinking (mostly hoping) that this team is going to shock and surprise top tier teams, ESPN, etc, was just that ā€œinsanityā€. My balloon is now completely deflated and is safely back on the ground. I have placed all of my nuts (pun intended) into the basket of ā€œtime and patienceā€.

I will keep pulling for the 49ā€™ers, wear the gear around Raleigh, fly my flags on my home and vehicles, however I will no longer defend our play by saying that we are still young, we moved up too quickly, I will simply say ā€œgo 49ā€™ersā€.[/quote]

Read my posts for the last three years. Enjoy the ride. Having football is better than not having football. We wonā€™t compete for a few years and for once, thatā€™s not Judyā€™s fault.

[quote=ā€œTintin, post:58, topic:30537ā€][quote=ā€œNinerintheheartofACC, post:54, topic:30537ā€]Can we please now admit that this team isnā€™t ready for prime time. :-\ We are still a lower tier FCS team trick or treating as an FBS team. We have great players and all by themselves, they look very impressive, however together and on the field with true FBS talent (even those teams that are having a down year), our deficiencies are quickly exploited. Iā€™m not bashing them, itā€™s just a matter of fact. Iā€™m not giving up on this team, however my insanity of thinking (mostly hoping) that this team is going to shock and surprise top tier teams, ESPN, etc, was just that ā€œinsanityā€. My balloon is now completely deflated and is safely back on the ground. I have placed all of my nuts (pun intended) into the basket of ā€œtime and patienceā€.

I will keep pulling for the 49ā€™ers, wear the gear around Raleigh, fly my flags on my home and vehicles, however I will no longer defend our play by saying that we are still young, we moved up too quickly, I will simply say ā€œgo 49ā€™ersā€.[/quote]

Read my posts for the last three years. Enjoy the ride. Having football is better than not having football. We wonā€™t compete for a few years and for once, thatā€™s not Judyā€™s fault.[/quote]

Tintin is rightā€¦this is year 4 guysā€¦hate to sound like a clicheā€¦but Jimmies and Joes beat Xs and Osā€¦we did some good things todayā€¦for now weā€™re going to have to be satisfied with having a program for the most partā€¦

Good game. Good luck the rest of the season.