Charlotte @ FAU 1/22 7PM; 1/23 4PM - both ESPN+

Winthrop is 15-0

3 Likes

One more great stat from tonight…in the 25 minutes of play after halftime, we were outscored 48-26 by freakin FA f-in U…what a joke!

19 TOs to 7 assists!! Let that sink in.

3 of those assists were from Garcia in 6 minutes.
Garcia had almost half of our assists in 6 minutes but only played 6 minutes!! I don’t know what to think.

4 Likes

Threadgill

Big difference is nothing was around the Big I or Tyvola. Memphis plays right off Beale St which is amazing.

Given how our games have been the last 15 years wish we walked out to street vendors selling liquor.

1 Like

Me too. Thats why we get so tired. He doesn’t sub in the second half. Its insane. I sit behind the bench, and my one knock on Sanchez is that lots of times the assistants have to yell at him to make a sub. Its like he zones out. And Risetto needs his ass on the bench for 38 minutes. He is getting better but that is still considered horrible

Mostly unforced turnovers too it seemed. Sloppy and out of control.

Could have put this game away in the 1st half while they couldn’t buy a bucket, but we couldn’t take advantage.

1 Like

My reaction to Wilt:

when-you-have-to-listen-to-someone-who-likes-the-sound-of-their-own-voice

Gotten to the point that I half listen during pregame and then don’t after the game.

Right on. Is he just ignoring the assistants? That’s pretty scary. There is no justification for these rotations.

One step forward, 2 steps back. I thought last game was suppose to reverse the bad loss horror

Hey. This is the same team that blew a 19 point second half lead to BA at home.

1 Like

59 possessions (including OT) and 53 points. This offense is terrible.

1 Like

I have coached 12 year old youth BB teams that score more than that with 4 8 minute quarters with clock running and only stopping in last 2 minutes.

Same shit different game. It’s garbage. This program is awful.

2 Likes

But how many possessions does Winthrop limit their opponents? That is the real game!

Sanchez subtly bus tossed players in the post game interview again last night.

He also said we did a nice job to take the game to overtime.

I have never been over a coach quicker than I am over Sanchez. He’s a loser on the court and a loser off the court. Just hearing his voice on post game interviews is starting to make my blood boil.

3 Likes

I’m starting to agree. If he took responsibility, I’d be on his side but you are the head of this team. If they are constantly blowing leads and you do nothibg to fix it, how is it on the players?

Why does defense have anything to do with the offense we play? If we want to play the pack line defense, fine. It feels like our offense is our defense here. Like the reason to hold the shot is so at least for that 30 seconds the other team isn’t scoring.

In this day and age where every kid on this team probably scored in bunches in HS and AAU, what in the hell are we doing? Offense should not be a struggle. I understand defense may be as it isn’t emphasized as much. Don’t make our offense part of our defense!

2 Likes

Matos played 43 minutes, Young 42, Shepherd 42, and Williams 40. None played the final 2 minutes of OT. You can’t play these guys this many minutes with the style of defense we play and expect the offense to keep flowing. Also, you can’t expect the defensive intensity to last a full game with this many minutes. I would rather lose getting more guys up to speed than lose because our better players can’t play well due to fatigue. Up 7 with 8 minutes to go and no one but Milos and Anzac were rotating the entire 2nd half. Senseless.

Sanchez lost this game with his coaching just as much as he lost the Belmont Abbey game. Garcia needed more minutes because Anzac and Milos were ineffective. 3 to 4 minutes each half is what Garcia should see right now. Cannon was active on the floor and should have given both Matos and Williams a blow. Byrd should have seen 2 or 3 minutes in the 2nd half.

2 Likes

Those minute totals are even crazier considering we play again today less than 19 hours after the end of last night’s game.

1 Like