Charlotte Hornets šŸ

I have dreams, too.

What specifically has Jordan done to be considered a meddling owner. I genuinely donā€™t know. If anything I had read that both Kupchak and Jordan wanted the draft picks to play more, which in part was why Borrego was let go.

Does that answer your question?

I meant more from the perspective of taking a less win now mentality and looking pragmatically at what should be done.

For example Kemba Walker should have been traded far earlier than he was. They would have gotten far more for him.

If he was pushing more for the draft picks to play then thatā€™s actually a positive. Especially Thor and Bouknight.

They should also have traded Hayward as soon as he was healed up and playing well but thatā€™s possibly pie in the sky. I have no idea what his market would have been.

1 Like

Not to me, because if he was an over bearing owner, the draft picks would have played more. He let Borrego do it his way, then let him go at the end of the season.

IMO Jordanā€™s involvement in decisions has significantly decreased the last few years. He just has that image now of a meddling owner.

I donā€™t know about that. Rozier has been the much better player, at 1/3 of Kembaā€™s salary. Iā€™d say the fact they decided to not give Kemba a max deal is more of a positive than a negative. Plus, my real point is that I donā€™t know how much of decisions like that is Kupchak or Jordan.

If someone wants to say hiring Rich Cho is an example of Jordanā€™s bad decisions, Iā€™d have a hard time arguing against that. But at the same time, on paper, Cho looked like an excellent hire.

Agreed on Kemba not getting a max. I just think if they werenā€™t going to they should have traded him away when his value was higher.

1 Like
1 Like

James Borrego and the rest of the league to MJ
adam sandler laughing GIF

1 Like

Same old crap.

1 Like

Smart move on Atkinsonā€™s part.

1 Like

clt says sell the team jordan!

Sell to Tepper, then back out halfway through the deal.

3 Likes

Charlotte the city will get a snake bit rep regarding sports, before too long. Recall Kobe saying heā€™d never play here. Seems soccer club is doing alright.

1 Like

That is a slap in the face!!

1 Like

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m so old, I really donā€™t care. But this is a blow that wonā€™t just disappear. The NBA is watching, and they should! Could MJ just take his billion elsewhere and let the Hornets move on? Sh, Jordan, Richardson, Tepper. Is CLT just snake-bit?

1 Like

clt says jordan has won nothing without pippen, sell the team