Charlotte Hornets 🐝

I hope you’re right. He reminds me of a Deandre Ayton and Greg Oden.

After reading about the Hornets wanting to keep as many of Borrego’s assistants as possible so as not to have to pay off guaranteed contracts etc, don’t blame Atkinson for turning them down. MJ just a cheap owner.

3 Likes

Steve Clifford has agreed to a deal to return as the Hornets’ coach - Woj http://espn.com/app

clt says jordan is a notorious bad tipper

Call me crazy but I don’t hate it. Especially considering the situation they were put in after Kenny A pulled out. Very different team than when Cliff was here previously. He could make it happen.

Yeah he did take less talented teams to the playoffs so it might not be that bad. Hopefully they continue to develop young guys. He didn’t seem too fond of that before. Maybe it wasn’t his decision back then.

Guess the Buzz found the guy who’d take the job with conditions. :roll_eyes:

Which young guys are you referring to? I seem to remember MKG having a long leash. Zeller was a long time starter. Kemba was a starter from day 1. Kaminsky played more minutes in Clt than he has in Phoenix. Vonlah sucked. Maybe the case can be made with Monk. But that was more Borrego.

Yeah you are probably right. Just seems like we always had an older more veteran team with him but that was probably because Cho was terrible at drafting decent talent & he didn’t have a lot to work with.

If the Hornets can rehire Steve Clifford

The Charlotte 49ers can rehire Bobby Lutz.

The debate is over!

5 Likes

comedy central GIF by Drunk History

2 Likes

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article262874933.html

Thanks advocate.

That’s better than Milwaukees pick at least.

Could this be draft asset accumulation to use as sweeteners to move Hayward?

The pick was good at 15. But im a bit worried they didn’t keep the right player. Jalen Duren seems more athletic and a better defender on switches (maybe).

It’s all going to depend on their personal qualities and how they actualize their talents.

Some of the draft experts I have listened to on podcasts say Williams has potential to shoot the 3 in the future. That could be a great weapon.

Let’s just cross our fingers he can be a capable shot blocking defender who doesn’t get played off the court by smaller quicker line ups.

The flip side of that is Duren can’t shoot. Free throws or anything else. That type of big man is a dinosaur these days in the NBA. Niether are complete players or they would have been picked in the top 10.

1 Like

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

2 Likes