Charlotte Hornets šŸ

Charlotte Flight was the best name they could have come up withā€¦donā€™t know why they didnā€™t pick that one!

[QUOTE=thelew1014;316457]Hello maā€™amā€¦ thatā€™s a nice cooter you have thereā€¦[/QUOTE]
Heh hehā€¦ there was a Daily Show segment about that once. Apparently thereā€™s a ā€œCooter Festivalā€ somewhere in Florida. The whole thing was one giant double entendre.

[QUOTE=fotee9er;316468]Charlotte Flight was the best name they could have come up withā€¦donā€™t know why they didnā€™t pick that one![/QUOTE]

I could never root for a team that doesnā€™t end in s.

Also if the City owns the right to the name hornets and the colors, they should have fought to keep the name and colors in the first place. It might be a too late now though.
I don't think the city does, I just said that cause the city of Charlotte IS the hornets. Same as Massachusetts Minutemen. It's a historic name and sucks that they took it with them.
I don't think the city does, I just said that cause the city of Charlotte IS the hornets. Same as Massachusetts Minutemen. It's a historic name and sucks that they took it with them.

Sure would be nice if UNC were to move to Hawaiiā€¦ and take that damn Tar Heel name with themā€¦

[QUOTE=49or bust;316480]I donā€™t think the city does, I just said that cause the city of Charlotte IS the hornets. Same as Massachusetts Minutemen. Itā€™s a historic name and sucks that they took it with them.[/QUOTE]

Kinda like the New Orleans Jazz moving toā€¦ Utah? Thereā€™s lots of jazz in Utah.

Maybe if we can convince Utah to give the Jazz name back to NO, then NO will give the Hornets name back to us. And Utah can switch their name to ā€œThe Polygamistsā€

[QUOTE=Sideshow;316491]Kinda like the New Orleans Jazz moving toā€¦ Utah? Thereā€™s lots of jazz in Utah.

Maybe if we can convince Utah to give the Jazz name back to NO, then NO will give the Hornets name back to us. And Utah can switch their name to ā€œThe Polygamistsā€[/QUOTE]

The Utah Salt

[QUOTE=Sideshow;316491]Kinda like the New Orleans Jazz moving toā€¦ Utah? Thereā€™s lots of jazz in Utah.

Maybe if we can convince Utah to give the Jazz name back to NO, then NO will give the Hornets name back to us. And Utah can switch their name to ā€œThe Polygamistsā€[/QUOTE]

:lol:

The mascots should definitely stay with the city when a team moves. I certainly had a lot more interest in the Hornets than I currently do with the Bobcats. I literally donā€™t care enough about the Bobcats to even watch their highlights when they come on the local news or sportscenter. Iā€™ve been to 2 games since they came to Charlotteā€¦ once when Eddie Basden came with the Bulls and once when I got free tickets. I canā€™t even take a guess at what their record was this year or how close they came to the playoffs. I just donā€™t care. I have a feeling most of the city feels the same way. It may be slightly better if we still had the (W)horenets, but I think for me it is just a reflection of how I feel about the NBA as a whole these days.

Guys, they are gone. There is a new team here if you havenā€™t noticed and they are trying to get you to support them yet you, as fans, refuse to do so clinging onto some hope that the Hornets will be back (they wonā€™t). Start rooting for the Bobcats and youā€™ll get over the Hornets. Everybody had to go through that terrible situation (myself included) and there is nothing worse for a fan than for his team to just be snatched away but we seriously have to get over it and move and and support the team we have now before itā€™s too late.

Guys, they are gone. There is a new team here if you haven't noticed and they are trying to get you to support them yet you, as fans, refuse to do so clinging onto some hope that the Hornets will be back (they won't). Start rooting for the Bobcats and you'll get over the Hornets. Everybody had to go through that terrible situation (myself included) and there is nothing worse for a fan than for his team to just be snatched away but we seriously have to get over it and move and and support the team we have now before it's too late.
My lack of Bobcats support is not because I'm holding onto hope that the Hornets will come back. I would have moved on easily and started supporting the new team had they not screwed the whole thing up horribly.

Maybe the Bobcats should switch team name, mascot, colors, and owners before itā€™s too late. (I also just found out Nelly owns part of the team which makes it impossible for me to start rooting for them.)

[QUOTE=49or bust;316510]My lack of Bobcats support is not because Iā€™m holding onto hope that the Hornets will come back. I would have moved on easily and started supporting the new team had they not screwed the whole thing up horribly.

Maybe the Bobcats should switch team name, mascot, colors, and owners before itā€™s too late. (I also just found out Nelly owns part of the team which makes it impossible for me to start rooting for them.)[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I couldnā€™t care less about the Bobcats.

My lack of Bobcats support is not because I'm holding onto hope that the Hornets will come back. I would have moved on easily and started supporting the new team had they not screwed the whole thing up horribly.

Maybe the Bobcats should switch team name, mascot, colors, and owners before itā€™s too late. (I also just found out Nelly owns part of the team which makes it impossible for me to start rooting for them.)

wow, a coherent post.
I concur with every syllable

You people actually think Shinn would ever give back the Hornets name?? Hahahahahahaha! Dream on.

wow, a coherent post. I concur with every syllable
It's good to see another Nelly hater. I woulda thought you a huge fan of his.
I think....the original Hornets logo shown was the baseball team at Crocket Park in Dilworth

No, Metro that was the first Hornets NBA logo the team came up with, but it was dumped very early after the Montreal Canadiens raised ā€œconcernsā€ that it was too close in appearance to one of their logos (I think theirā€™s had an ā€œMā€ inside of a ā€œCā€, looking similar to this one)!

No, Metro that was the first Hornets NBA logo the team came up with, but it was dumped very early after the Montreal Canadiens raised "concerns" that it was too close in appearance to one of their logos (I think their's had an "M" inside of a "C", looking similar to this one)!
An H (for Habs, a common team nickname) inside of a C:

I saw where the Hornets used gold yesterday in their uniforms. Theyā€™re also encouraging fans to wear gold for their next home game. Not sure this really means that much in terms of them dropping the Hornets logo though.

An H (for Habs, a common team nickname) inside of a C:

Yep, thats it. I knew it was Montreal that had ā€œissuesā€ with it.

The Hornets are adding gold to their special edition uniforms. I wonder where they got that idea?

Best city edition unis yet for the hornets. Now if they could change Cha to CLT. But anyways, canā€™t wait till MJ brings Russell Westbrook here and we add to it with our top 3 draft pick.