Charlotte Hornets šŸ

Concerning the hope that MJ will ever have a good team here.

1 Like

Awaiting the next trade for an overpaidā€¦past their prime player that will put us back in salary cap purgatory:

Report: Hornets could trade for Rockets star Russell Westbrook https://t.co/md04i230l9

ā€” Dan Feldman (@DanFeldmanNBA) November 12, 2020

Why?

Just why?

lol I was just messing about Russ, however, the idea is floating around the internet (Hornets interested in him for a trade deal). Any player in the top 3 will be fine so hopefully we cant really mess it up (but if thereā€™s a way, the hornets know how). A lot of talk about trading up to secure Wisemen. Weā€™ll see.

1 Like

clt says jordan needs to sell.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article247260684.html

120 mil is a bit steep. HOWEVER, hornets havenā€™t had this much hype in forever. Adding Hayward coupled with Ball and all our rising stars. This could be a surprise season. Jerseys and tickets sales should flourish as well. I wasnā€™t a ball family fan at all but melo seems to have matured a lot since those days and his massive following is adding hornets fans by the minute. I guess I have my teal/purple tinted glasses on but the media attention is real for once. Bout damn time

1 Like

I know the NBA gets a lot of TV money but I donā€™t understand the economics of paying mediocre players 10s of millions of dollars a year.

The hype will only last so long. LeMelo literally canā€™t shoot or play defenseā€¦not sure how he earns minutes over Graham. And Gordon is another overpaid past his prime former All Star that hasnā€™t quite been the same since recovering from that devastating ankle injury. Nic Batum 2.0ā€¦heā€™ll be fine but not worth that money.

Good for the Hornets for making some waves and getting some headlinesā€¦for now. Havenā€™t done that in a looooooong time. But in 6mos, weā€™ll have the same team. Just good enough not to be in the lottery and a first round exit as a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs.

Washā€¦rinseā€¦repeat.

1 Like

Mega rich owners vying against other mega rich owners to determine who has the biggestā€¦

I mean I donā€™t disagree with you TLā€¦but sometimes itā€™s the small wins that matter as us Niner fans know of lol. Since the Melo pick and Hayward pickup, Hornets social media have been getting hundreds of thousands of more likes than before (national exposure)ā€¦tickets interest has been at an all time high and I guarantee jersey sales are at the same all time high levelsā€¦we ainā€™t going to win a natty anytime soon but this is a win imo and we build off this momentum.

Drafting LaMelo means drafting LaVar. No thanks.

1 Like

A lot of the social media buzz is comedy.

I rather have some buzz than no buzz.

LOL. Iā€™m guessing no Hornet player secured his spot on the roster, then.

I watched pie of it tonight. The hornets sucked.

1 Like

Good start for the Buzz!

2 Likes

Was there and crowd was good but the 3rd quarter comeback was special!

1 Like