Charlotte Hornets šŸ

Good lord was I (and a lot of other people) wrong about Ball. Him and Kupchak are gonna turn this franchise around.

I canā€™t remember having such a high profile star since the days of LJ & Zo.

Bally Sports still only available on cable?

Superstar.

1 Like

Great play in a loss to a terrible team. Ridiculous.

1 Like

Warming up to Hornets lately. Ball definitely energizes floor play. Team was VG in MSG yesterday against what looked like a sold out crowd and buried Knicks on TV. Go Hornets.

Theyā€™re fun, but the TV coverage situation is becoming a real hassleā€¦ Iā€™d be even more into them if it was easier to watch them play.

Ball and Bridges are stars.

1 Like

Ditto, really enjoy watching the Hornets this year and that is part of the reason I went
with Spectrum. Bally Sports and the Hornets have got to figure out the TV issue.
Canā€™t even watch them at a lot of bars in Charlotte.
Melo is going to be a superstar.

Seriously?! :thinking:

No no no!!!

If I cared about Jordanā€™s team, I would agree with you.
Since I donā€™t, I say letā€™s do it. This experiment would be interesting to me, and possibly amusing.

Not a fan of Westbrook AT ALL, however the reasoning here about getting the Hayward contract off the books is logical. The Hornets absolutely MUST keep Ball and Bridges around for the future of the team if they hope to move from a 500 team to a contender in the East.

They could have traded Hayward earlier this year and got someone better. Hornets are often a bit late pulling the trigger on trades.

If keeping Ball is a priority, then bringing in Westbrook makes absolutely no sense at all.

2 Likes

I heard Kyle Bailey talking about this on WFNZ & he said the only way this makes sense is if they trade for him & then buy him out. It still doesnā€™t make sense to me because it seems like the Lakers would just buy him out unless they just really want Heyward for some reason.

Charlotte basketball - be it college or pro - is mediocrity at its best. Buzz down by 25 as third quarter ends.

2 Likes

Missing playoffs just means you suck. Half the damn league makes the playoffs.

1 Like

Have they won a single playoff game under Jordanā€™s ownership?

Last playoff appearance in 2016 when Heat won first round matchup 4-3.

The last time the Buzz won a playoff series was 2002, when they beat the Magic 3-1. Lost in the conference semis 4-1 to the Nets.

East was loaded this year. 43 wins is usually enough for a 8 seed at worst.

As a local sports fan I have nothing to cheer for.

1 Like