Charlotte joins the AAC

I am more optimistic in football for sure, Healy is what we need as a HC, but we need to upgrade the DC position, however I do not share your optimism in basketball, and I know that it is only one game, but this is a continuation from last year, this is a proud basketball program or at least used to be and if we are satisfied with beating teams like Monmouth by two, then we need to reevaluate our standards and vision for the future

If we beat 80% of our opponents by 2 I’d be happy. It’s been a long time since this was a proud basketball program. I don’t think Sanchez is the right coach to take us to the next level but in his 4th year and after winning the first game (even if only by 2) I’ll choose to remain level headed about this year and give Sanchez a chance to prove me wrong.

6 Likes

Maybe considering a certain aspect of the Scott Frost approach… “Scott Frost said Wednesday he had no problem taking a pay cut and firing four offensive assistants who also are friends…”

…okay

Fine. Deleted. Trying to find some laughs where we can.

For those interested in the MBB NET rankings of our future conference mates - sans UC, UCF, and UH, of course!

Seems AAC having second thoughts per league hoops game cancellation policy:

Beetle…

1 Like

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

1 Like

Proud This Is Me GIF by @InvestInAccess

See that AAC leadership did a one-eighty on hoops forfiet policy. Wise move considering the conference is looking like a two-bid league at best this year.

2 Likes

clt provides SMU story

I expected to see Mike Hunt too. So disappointing.

See that South Florida VPA Michael Kelly has received a contract extension through 2028. Comes on the heels of Kelly extending MBB head coach Brian Gregory through 2026. Latter move seems a real head scratcher considering the Bulls have had only one overall winning season (and none in AAC play) in Gregory’s 5+ years in Tampa. Last time he took a team to the Big Dance was 2009 with Dayton! Hmm… :thinking:

Looks like lots of coaches getting extensions down at USF!!

https://twitter.com/Normbulance/status/1482064023013281798

dr7 GIF

3 Likes

I’m assuming someone did that on purpose. Why else would you put UNT next to us? Not alphabetical, not geographically close, not alternating new and old, not contrasting colors. Somebody was making a little joke.

1 Like

Of course it was on purpose