Charlotte "the most disappointing team in the A10 last season"

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;409980]Our offense isn’t exactly feed the low-post either so Spears should be perfectly fine. Jones is the offensive threat, really. Spears could be an undersized Withers type, garbage man.[/QUOTE]

what? is that english?

what? is that english?

?

Just saying that (1) the offense does not flow through the low post and (2) Spears is not the Isolation threat in the low-post. Spears would be a rebounder.

you guys slay me!!! you’ve either figured out some way to smoke green tea or you’re just insane!
so here’s the real deal…
harris is going to turn into the second coming of muggsy bouges and record 17 assists a night. green will relive him, seamlessly, whenever needed.
braswell is going to become our tim duncan and put up 24/game.
spears is going to set a new niner record with a double-double every game.
ian is going to catch on fire as ‘the 6th man’ and lead the a10 in points off the bench.
jones will have a break-out season which will cause every D1 school in the nation to petition for his early dismissal.
bowden will make us forget about all previous SGs, including kinch.
we will speak sherrill’s name decades from now as ‘the one who-was-touted-but-exceeded’.
and that’s all i can see now.

i didnt say winning the conference was going to be guaranteed but you have to understand that all of the things that you mentioned such as injuries can happen to anyone. i dont think replacing mack is going to be as hard as replacing lee although mack played great at the end of the season.
I'll agree with replacing the scorer, although we did rely on Mack almost as much as Goldwire to score for us, he just wasn't nearly as successful at it. I thought Mack was more than "solid" in a few games towards the end of the season, but that's inconsistency, some very good and some very bad games.

It’ll be very interesting to see how Lutz uses Spears on offense. Does he drift out to the 3-point line a la Mack? Or does he bang more closer in like he did at BC?

[QUOTE=earlyniner;409983]you guys slay me!!! you’ve either figured out some way to smoke green tea or you’re just insane!
so here’s the real deal…
harris is going to turn into the second coming of muggsy bouges and record 17 assists a night. green will relive him, seamlessly, whenever needed.
braswell is going to become our tim duncan and put up 24/game.
spears is going to set a new niner record with a double-double every game.
ian is going to catch on fire as ‘the 6th man’ and lead the a10 in points off the bench.
jones will have a break-out season which will cause every D1 school in the nation to petition for his early dismissal.
bowden will make us forget about all previous SGs, including kinch.
we will speak sherrill’s name decades from now as ‘the one who-was-touted-but-exceeded’.
and that’s all i can see now.[/QUOTE]

kid’s a prophet.

[QUOTE=9erken;409984]I’ll agree with replacing the scorer, although we did rely on Mack almost as much as Goldwire to score for us, he just wasn’t nearly as successful at it. I thought Mack was more than “solid” in a few games towards the end of the season, but that’s inconsistency, some very good and some very bad games.

It’ll be very interesting to see how Lutz uses Spears on offense. Does he drift out to the 3-point line a la Mack? Or does he bang more closer in like he did at BC?[/QUOTE]

he should be spending his time on the low post and maybe take one or two threes a game. the key for our team will be whether we improve our rebounding.

[B]Spears[/B] 14 pts 7.1 reb [B]Braswell[/B] 10 pts 5 reb [B]Bowden[/B] 8.5 pts 2 reb [B]Wilderness[/B] 7 pts 3.8 reb [B]Jones[/B] 6.3 pts 4.4 reb [B]Sherrill[/B] 6 pts 3.5 reb [B]Harris[/B] 5.8 pts 2.1 reb [B]Dewhurst[/B] 3.5 pts 3.2 reb [B]Andersen[/B] 3.5 pts 1.3 reb [B]Coleman[/B] 3 pts 2 reb [B]Green[/B] 3 pts 2 reb [B]Gokhan[/B] 3 pts 2 reb [B]Parks[/B] 1 pts

It’s almost comical how the board knocks on Andersen, you think he’s going to go from 9.7 points a game to 3.5!? I’m sure others will be taking a majority of the shots, as they should. But everyone knows how much Bobby loves Andersen and his “potential” to get hot and score 9 points in a minute. He’s bound to average at least 6 points a game, all it takes is two three’s playing 15-20 minutes.

you guys slay me!!! you've either figured out some way to smoke green tea or you're just insane! so here's the real deal... harris is going to turn into the second coming of muggsy bouges and record 17 assists a night. green will relive him, seamlessly, whenever needed. braswell is going to become our tim duncan and put up 24/game. spears is going to set a new niner record with a double-double every game. ian is going to catch on fire as 'the 6th man' and lead the a10 in points off the bench. jones will have a break-out season which will cause every D1 school in the nation to petition for his early dismissal. bowden will make us forget about all previous SGs, including kinch. we will speak sherrill's name decades from now as 'the one who-was-touted-but-exceeded'. and that's all i can see now.
Quit being so negative. You know damn well we'll be much better than that.
It's almost comical how the board knocks on Andersen, you think he's going to go from 9.7 points a game to 3.5!? I'm sure others will be taking a majority of the shots, as they should. But everyone knows how much Bobby loves Andersen and his "potential" to get hot and score 9 points in a minute. He's bound to average at least 6 points a game, all it takes is two three's playing 15-20 minutes.

I wasn’t knocking on Andersen, I was just thinking that SG time will be split between him, Bowden, Coleman, and Green. I am guessing that Bowden will play 20 minutes, Andersen 9, Coleman 9, and Green 2 (more at PG). We have a lot of seemingly decent players to split time with. Hopefully we will have talent as well as depth.

It's almost comical how the board knocks on Andersen, you think he's going to go from 9.7 points a game to 3.5!?

If he’s averaging anywhere near 9.7pts again…that means we’re relying on him to score again…which means we are not very good again.

I hope he drops to 3.5pts…it means he’s a role player (which he should be) and it means we’re getting more scoring out of other 2G options.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;410006]If he’s averaging anywhere near 9.7pts again…that means we’re relying on him to score again…which means we are not very good again.

I hope he drops to 3.5pts…it means he’s a role player (which he should be) and it means we’re getting more scoring out of other 2G options.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. I… uhh… agree with TR.

Ugh. I... uhh.. agree with TR.

Wow.

(Is NA now my MF’n Boy again!!??)

you guys slay me!!! you've either figured out some way to smoke green tea or you're just insane! so here's the real deal... harris is going to turn into the second coming of muggsy bouges and record 17 assists a night. green will relive him, seamlessly, whenever needed. braswell is going to become our tim duncan and put up 24/game. spears is going to set a new niner record with a double-double every game. ian is going to catch on fire as 'the 6th man' and lead the a10 in points off the bench. jones will have a break-out season which will cause every D1 school in the nation to petition for his early dismissal. bowden will make us forget about all previous SGs, including kinch. we will speak sherrill's name decades from now as 'the one who-was-touted-but-exceeded'. and that's all i can see now.

I believe.

[B]Spears[/B] 14 pts 7.1 reb [B]Braswell[/B] 10 pts 5 reb [B]Bowden[/B] 8.5 pts 2 reb [B]Wilderness[/B] 7 pts 3.8 reb [B]Jones[/B] 6.3 pts 4.4 reb [B]Sherrill[/B] 6 pts 3.5 reb [B]Harris[/B] 5.8 pts 2.1 reb [B]Dewhurst[/B] 3.5 pts 3.2 reb [B]Andersen[/B] 3.5 pts 1.3 reb [B]Coleman[/B] 3 pts 2 reb [B]Green[/B] 3 pts 2 reb [B]Gokhan[/B] 3 pts 2 reb [B]Parks[/B] 1 pts

74.9 pts, 36.5 reb

Our depth is truly impressive. The scoring still seems a little high, but I don’t know how to whittle it down further. If we come anywhere near 75 points a game I will be happy.

Harris from 9 to 5?
Coleman from 8 to 3?
Jones from 7.3 to 6.3?

It does seem like everything’s wide open as far as what to expect. But rather than having all of the experienced players have their averages drop, I think the newcomers will average less. With the exception maybe being Andersen.

I think Harris, Coleman and Jones will all stay fairly close to the same. Maybe:

Spears 14
Harris 8
Coleman 8
Jones 8
Wilderness 7
Bowden 7
Andersen 6
Braswell 6
Dewhurst 5
Green 2
Barnett 2
Sherrill 2
Parks 0.5
Sirin 0 (redshirt)

75 ppg

Yes, I am more excited to see him play than Braswell. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about both, but after hearing about the intensity of Spears, I can't wait. I heard he got kicked out of practice a few times for being too intense.
That will be a welcome change from the way Phil plays.
Harris from 9 to 5? Coleman from 8 to 3? Jones from 7.3 to 6.3?

It does seem like everything’s wide open as far as what to expect. But rather than having all of the experienced players have their averages drop, I think the newcomers will average less. With the exception maybe being Andersen.

I think Harris, Coleman and Jones will all stay fairly close to the same.
Sirin 0 (redshirt)

75 ppg

I think Harris’s scoring will drop since he will play less minutes and have better players to feed the ball to than last year. I also think that with Green as his backup Harris will be a more agressive defender and steal the ball more. I didn’t think about it before, but redshirting Sirin would be a good idea considering we have 3 PFs in the same class.
I think most of you underestimate Sherrill though.
He has been well-taught in the basic fundamentals by his high school Gurley, and he just has God-given natural abilities. Sherrill’s performance in the AAU Junior National Tournament in Orlando, Fla., in late July validated that he is a major college talent. There, he showcased his physical prowess, explosive athletic abilities, and deft shooting touch from all ranges. Wisely, Coach Lutz and his staff turned up their recruiting intensity, and gained this commitment before others might have become involved with Sherrill. I compare him to former Charlotte forward Curtis Withers in that he can dominate inside, and has a deft outside shooting touch. In my opinion Sherrill is much more athletic than Withers, and is a better all-around player beginning his senior year of high school. ESPN
As you said, everything is wide open, and there is nothing wrong with that considering how bad we were last season.

Sirin won’t be a PF, and if he is, he won’t sniff the court.

He is too small to play PF in the A-10. He will most likely play the same role Barnett played.

74.9 pts, 36.5 reb

Our depth is truly impressive. The scoring still seems a little high, but I don’t know how to whittle it down further. If we come anywhere near 75 points a game I will be happy.

Your numbers look pretty good—but I would probably take 2-3 of Sherrill’s ppg and add them to Bowden’s.

I would also like (and expect) to see another 1-2 ppg added to Wilderness, Andersen and Dewhurst’ ppg.

Bowden needs to avg 15 a game for a Lutz-type system to be successful.

Bowden needs to avg 15 a game for a Lutz-type system to be successful.

Agreed. Just don’t see it happening as a freshman.