Charlotte to Hire Michigan associate Head Coach Biff Poggi as new Head Football Coach

I wonder if Biff will bring in Josh Gattis as OC? He was previously at Michigan until moving to Miami this year. Miami has struggled on offense.

2 Likes

Does anybody know if Biff will be staying with Michigan all the way through the bowl or playoffs, or is today his last day?

Hes staying with UofM thru end of their season.

1 Like

clt says we need to be pulling for osu to win by 77 today, the sooner um’s season ends the better

3 Likes

Disagree. Recruiting with a natty ring might open more doors.

4 Likes

I hope Michigan wins the national championship. What a recruiting tool for Biff to tell

2 Likes

How is this Tennessee thing different than what Poggi is planning? Seriously.

Absolutely my thought. I want him to have that ring.

…Had Coach Pruitt scrawled “NIL MONEY” on bag with a sharpie it’d all been legit.

What is Poggi planning? He can’t give players money. That’s not NIL. He can help pay assistants & help fund facilities upgrades. He said he wanted to start a collective & i think that is OK for him to help organize but I don’t think he can fund it.

1 Like

clt says he has already donated $500k to the 49er club

2 Likes

Did you watch the press conference?

Yes & I didn’t hear anything about handing bags of money to players. Or their parents.

All he has to do is have his company sponsor it.

1 Like

I would think he could just put his money into an NIL collective and then pay out however he wants. Like some sort of workaround.

1 Like

No, he can’t.

https://footballscoop.com/news/ncaa-makes-major-interim-nil-changes-allowing-coaches-to-make-appearances-provide-memorabilia-among-key-modifications

1 Like

Fair enough, but I would also bet there are dark channels that can make it work. Kind of like dark money in elections.

Let him think he knows more. I really have no clue why a bag of cash is any different, but that is the NCAA since they let the Tarholes off easy

1 Like

All I know is if we try to bend the rules like Tennessee, Miami, USC & others are doing with NIL, we won’t get away with it like they do. Biff can still help out with NIL by promoting a collective or our players for nil deals. But if he tries to fund one with his personal or business money then it’s not really any different than handing out bags of cash & we will get busted.

2 Likes

P6 program now tho…

1 Like