Charlotte to Hire Michigan associate Head Coach Biff Poggi as new Head Football Coach

This is also gonna put us in the crosshairs
For opponents ! They’re gonna want to be the ones rain down
On the new Show Dog , making winning that much sweeter !
GO NINERS :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I am just saying, if Mike Hill knew of this as a possibility or coming before hired Biff… he is F’ing brilliant

IMHO

2 Likes

I’m willing to bet this was part of Biff’s sales pitch in the interviews. Hire me, let me bring in my staff, transfer in a bunch of former players and run it back with HBO!

1 Like

IMHO

If they are already filming I’d think it was in the works prior to his hiring.

1 Like

Snl Weekend Update GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

Would an HBO show qualify as an NIL opportunity? Could our players each be receiving $ from HBO?

If so, it’s genius.

Dunno why this only now occurred to me.

2 Likes

I’ve been asking that. Have not gotten an answer

Why not? HBO is literally using their names, images and likenesses to profit. It’s much more similar to EA Sports than the SEC kids getting bank.

Did you see Saban(Satan) whining about NIL is ruining competitive college football? Cry me a river. This is the guy that quit Miami because he knew he could not win in a league with a draft and salary cap; lamenting he couldn’t recruit rookies in the NFL draft! He has dominated college football by building football factories that lurk in the shadows and walk a fat line between corrupt and legitimate.

“ “The best competitive balance you can have is like in the NFL. They have rules to create competitive balance. Whether it’s salary cap, difficulty of schedule, where you draft, where you pick relative to your won-loss record. Those things are important I think in the interest of creating a lot of good matchups on a national basis.”” Saban

He has won almost 90% of his games at Alabama, while having a losing record in his 2 seasons at Miami; passing on Drew Brees for Culpepper. The last thing Saban wants to cut into his mega million $ salary is competitive balance in college football. What a snake

1 Like

Hey Coach Poggi, let’s set our sights on Saban! You are what he fears most!

3 Likes

I agree with you about Saban. NIL destroyed his competitive advantage.

And I will credit you with thinking of that NIL angle before I did. Dunno why it wasn’t more obvious to me, but it seems like a no brainer. And it’s a damn genius one at that. Cover the entire team with one deal.

3 Likes

Wonder how the NCAA will act to fuck us on this one? It’s coming, you can bet on it

3 Likes

Normally I’d agree with ya but the NCAA has basically been sidelined at this point. They are scared to stand up to anything these days.

1 Like

Just posted the latest from the NCAA in the NIL thread. As sports pundits have noted, memos etc mean nothing if Indy doesn’t act upon them.

clt says we should set up fake classes for our players, and allow regular students to take them as well. Less time in the classroom means more time to work out

3 Likes

The SHIRT: (cued for comments about the SHIRT in this interview)

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

clt says biff wearing a cut off t shirt with him wearing a cut off t shirt would be fetch

3 Likes
3 Likes

Coach doesn’t lack confidence. I like it. He’s like the CEO. He sets expectations and holds everyone’s feet to the fire. I haven’t felt this good about Charlotte football since they announced Mike Houston as our coach.

5 Likes