Charlotte to Hire Michigan associate Head Coach Biff Poggi as new Head Football Coach

Actually, TWO nuclear reactorsā€¦

I did see the gentleman deliver a biff mania shirt to biff last night and he said he was hoping to do another run of the shirts if the interest was there.

Vote!

Another roundā€¦

This time against Lincoln Riley.

Currently trailing 59%-41%.

Vote!

1 Like

Got my Biff Mafia shirt. Very well done and quality shirt. Thank you!

2 Likes
1 Like

No body likes clean, consistent, and plentiful energy these days?

3 Likes

The biggest and most bass I ever caught in one day (about 2hrs or less) was with my dad at the McGuire water discharge hot hole. We were glowing with excitement. April 26, 2021. I need to go fishing tomorrow!

2 Likes

One bite, everyone knows the rules.

Comedy Stare GIF by Barstool Sports

2 Likes
3 Likes

Things happen for a reason. Personally, I am well pleased that we now have Biff as our coach instead of Mike Houstonā€¦even if we had to wait. Biff fits us perfectly and provides much greater hope for the future as it stands today. No way I would even consider a trade for Houston, Skip Holtz, or other names previously mentioned.

Curious to hear other opinions.

1 Like

100% agree

My heart says the same thing. But we still donā€™t know if he can coach. He has assembled a great staff but as a head coach in college he has zero wins and is totally unproven. Iā€™m excited about him but Iā€™m also trying to stay level headed. Itā€™s a roll of the dice.

Ron had a better resume than Biff did and we see how thatā€™s playing out.

Iā€™m high on Poggi, but itā€™s pure blind optimism to say youā€™d rather have a coach thatā€™s never overseen a single DI snap versus seasoned coaches.

I think Poggi will do well here, Iā€™m certainly puling for him. Heā€™s done wonders in recruiting and raised the profile of the program overall somewhat already. All that said, we have no way of knowing how things will work out yet and heā€™s still gotta coach and weā€™ve still gotta win.

1 Like

Great points. Biff Poggi is a guy that I would much rather take my chances with. Any coach is a risk but Biff is a guy I can get behind. He has that special charisma to get things done.

3 Likes

I remember one thing that Steve Smith had pointed out in a podcast regarding Matt Rhule and why he was a bad hire. He said you have to think of being a college coach as being the CEO of the team. You have to do everything from fundraising to, recruiting and then to game preparation. In the NFL it is totally different as a head coach. You have one job and that is to coach. In the NFL, there are high-level positions for all other aspects of the team/business. Rhule failed because he was used to being the CEO and didnā€™t have to rely on coaching ability as much. When he had to go to solely coaching in the NFL, it failed.

My point here is that Biff knows how to be the CEO of this team. Is he the greatest tactical coach, who knows? But the main thing here is that he is assembling the team and the staff (not sure about the staff yet. Time will tell). You need much more of a leader as a coach in college and I think he is going to be that for us.

6 Likes

Also, biff has repeatedly stated, that coaches dont win games, players do. He is recruiting to where he doesnt have to be bill parcells.

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to be excited but count me present in the once bitten twice shy club. Iā€™m gonna wait till fall to form an opinion even though I am impressed with what seems to be happening.

I did get season tix again and I was very on the fence at the end of last year

clt has enjoyed biffmas season so far. only 1 fault

sleeves at the spring game?