Charlotte to Hire Michigan associate Head Coach Biff Poggi as new Head Football Coach

Quick question, anyone have any info on HBO? are they still on campus, did anyone see them at the spring game? just wondering

At SP parade AD representative said they would be on campus all season. I did not see any cameras around spring game.

I mean I’m definitely excited and he has definitely helped build my confidence in a future back up. He definitely has raised the talent level from what we have had before. We are bigger, stronger and faster as a team than we have ever been. Now the question comes, the performance on the field as a team and then can we continue the talent each year after that.

When would the HBO series conceivably begin airing?

No inside info here but probably after our national title run in 2024 :smile:

3 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

One bite, everybody knows the rules.

Comedy Stare GIF by Barstool Sports

1 Like

We will see if this model works,” he said. “We could go 0-12 and I could be fired, and I will go fishing

Win or lose, I would love to go fishing with Coach

2 Likes

Poggi will be on the Brett Winterble Show today around 4:20 on WBT.

Can that be streamed on here?

Listen Live - WBT Radio Listen Live

First time I’ve ever heard or seen a quote where he showed humility or doubt.
Not a fan. Maybe he’s been spending time with Ron and Ron’s rubbing off on him and not vice versa.

I like the original Poggi: If you go down…go down guns blazing. Believe the hype…be who you are…go all in on it and don’t pull back.

2 Likes

Quote is a bit out of context. Article was about “reshaping a broken system” and how his model may differ from traditional strategy that is centered around not over promising recruits anything, making them work for their merits, accountability and honesty. The entire last statement is:
“We will see if this model works,” he said. “We could go 0-12 and I could be fired, and I will go fishing. But if it does work, it is a way to reconstruct an incredibly broken box.”

1 Like

This was my exact take as well…

1 Like

Of course I get a work call right when the interview started.

Anyone feel like summarizing? Any new info there?

The interview is available on demand now through the link.