Charlotte to Hire Michigan associate Head Coach Biff Poggi as new Head Football Coach

yeah, saw that at some sites that that’s an insane VIG IMHO. As it get’s closer to the season it should be less expensive to buy down a 1/2 point, but I am afraid I will be buying down from 3.5 at that time. Exactly, tough call

1 Like

Dax Shepard Money GIF

Just to be clear he was an Analyst at Michigan, which means not allowed to Coach players on a field or recruit. They have pretty strict rules governing the role he played.

During games they are not even allowed to be in the coaching box.

So i guess they figure he and Dilfer are the least experienced of the 130+ at this level…. But win a few games and will move up the list quickly!

And most head coaches are only as good as their talent and their staff…it certainly appears Biff has done well in those areas. Ultimately, the proof will be on the field though.

3 Likes

Not sure if that is entirely accurate. I remember reading somewhere that when Harbaugh was away for some reason that Biff "ran"the practices as well as some other things in his absence.

Not to say he wasnt fully engaged in the Program, just not a coach.

Associate Head Coach was literally his title at UM. If you think he truly didn’t do any "coaching " , i have a bridge id like to sell you.

1 Like

And yet I could never find a bio page etc for him on the official Michigan football website. Thought that was odd, especially for the supposed AHC.

3 Likes

Poggi was The Dude at Michigan

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1670824006893842432

1 Like

I’d have to imagine the oldest 1st time FBS head Coach EVER right?

One of the youngest didn’t work out so let’s try one of the oldest.

4 Likes

I hope some of you just heard that Biff interview on FNZ. Not what I expected. He noted a lack of financial support for the program in town…not good.

1 Like

Good for him. Being quiet about the problem isn’t gonna make it go away!!

1 Like

He said that if we don’t get some NIL support in here then our current roster won’t be around next season. He’s speaking of corporate giving.

Well NIL support doesn’t follow losing, and we are losers. Hopefully Biff can change that in year 1.

1 Like

Wow,. We have some answers now it appears, no one can accuse us of having a “stealth” coach. They’re still talking about it at 5:50.

Also asked for Niner fans to call in so give them a buzz if you’re so inclined.

The disaster that was the Will Healy Era is still rearing its ugly head. I hope we can start winning and prove that we are for real.

clt says nil $ seems to more like t boone donations than bofa and truist

certain they would rather have a suite at the rich, than give nil dollars

1 Like

I’m more concerned by that $5 million number, that’s got to be closed. It sounded like we’re not where we should be on multiple levels, NIL, operating budget, and infrastructure.

Who is responsible?