Class of 2019 MBB recruiting thread

Carrawell, the dad, is now a coach at Duke. He left Marquette.

Do you think he is a backup option for bickerstaff?

I’m super biased but he’s a great ball player and a great kid. I’d say bickerstaff is a higher profile recruit, but this kid has been in the shadow of Wendell Moore, and last season Leaky Black. In my opinion he would be a much higher profile recruit were that not the case.

Teamarete, thanks!!!

And the latest offer goes to 6-6 SF Matthew Smith of Independence HS in Mint Hill.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/matthew-smith

Don’t believe we ever offered 6-5 SF DeAngelo Epps of Charlotte Country Day School but see that he has committed to CofC.

Ques Glover has been offered by Vermont

Justin Byerly of Prep Hoops on Tre Jackson:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustinByerly/status/1041508403326136320

More from Byerly:

Plus this:

FWIW, one time Niner target Robbie Beran will choose between Boston College, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, and Virginia Tech.

Bickerstaff offered by Little Rock.

Jahmir Young, 2019 PG is here for an official visit.

do you really think he would add another point guard. not sure what that says about his confidence in the current point guards outside of davis.

I think what it says more than anything is that he thinks it’s easier to compete for good talent in recruiting guards rather than big men, and guards can handle the ball well and are quick on defense/close-outs (important when playing the pack-line).

At UVA the top four in minutes played the last couple of years have all been guards -
17-18: Guy, Hall, Jerome, Hunter
16-17: Perrantes, Shayok, Hall, Guy

Not that you don’t need a PF/C, just that guards are pretty important.

1 Like

FYI on one-time Niner target:

From Justin Byerly:

Chico Carter to Murray State.

sounds like a good player but we have a lot of guards and i think other guys like bickerstaff, dunn and a big are bigger priorities.

I’d be thrilled with bickerstaff, dunn or carrawell.