Class of 2019 MBB recruiting thread

Matt Smith to Murray State as well. Solid recruiting start.

Drexel latest to offer Bickerstaff.

Per Corey Evans etc, Tre Jackson to Iowa State.

And this from Evans on Carter:

Bickerstaff on official to Purdue - Fort Wayne right now.

If we lose a priority recruit to PU-FW I may jump off Halton Arena.

1 Like

Agree. I look at it two ways. First, it worries me the thought,of pissibly,losing him to a school like ipfw but on the other hand, it shows he is not set on the p5. He seems to want best fit and he has stated that he we are recruiting him hard.

He really isn’t a P5 recruit at this point…for most of those schools, he is a backup option. MM is a strong fit for him at this point.

CJ Felder to visit Murray St

They have a nice shot with him, but Felder and Smith play roughly the same spot.

They do, but I’m not sure what their roster composition looks like, perhaps they need 2 there.

Doubtful, they usually expect juco to step in first.

Just reading that Jimerson on an official visit to Saint Louis this weekend.

Jimerson committed to Saint Louis per Jon Rothstein.

Source: 2019 guard Gibson Jimerson has committed to Saint Louis. Was top five in offensive efficiency this past summer on EYBL circuit.

— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) September 30, 2018

Per Justin Byerly, Trae Broadnax took an official visit to FGCU this weekend, while Brice Williams on an unofficial to NC State (with an official to VT in late October).

Rivals150 forward Robbie Beran just committed to Northwestern, he tells @Rivals https://t.co/fWmUuMukcD pic.twitter.com/hlsRvyhJNF

— Corey Evans (@coreyevans_10) October 1, 2018

I think after a year of Sanchez, some of these will start trickling our way !

If we are in cusa, i wonder if they will.

I think our recruiting can improve if Sanchez is successful, but in CUSA, I don’t really see us being in the mix for many top 150 guys again. Occasionally, yes, but not with regularity.

I’d be happy if we are just a popular destination with highly touted transfers that maybe just didn’t work out at their first stop. CUSA is a good league for guys like that.

Couple of nice additions for Chris Collins as he also received the commitment on Sunday of 6-9 PF Jared Jones of McEachern HS in Powder Springs, GA. Chose NU over Wake from a list of 18 offers.