Class of 2020 MBB recruiting thread

that would be incredible. i wonder if the staff wants him to be eligible immediately, or if they want him to replace matos/shep nxt season.

1 Like

another caleb byrd game if you guys are intersted.

https://australia.basketball/blog/2020/09/01/coe-farewells-2020-graduates/

COEGraduates_WEB_V4_200901

Khalifa 3rd from left

1 Like

Well that knee brace doesn’t look good

1 Like

Khalifa"s prognosis? Any update?

Haven’t seen any more since stpaddy108 posted it was probably fissure knee.

3 Likes

Two student-athletes with tough majors. I always like to see them preparing for a life that might not include professional sports. It is good to have options.

My roommate freshman year was an architecture major and I rarely saw him. He was always in studio, and worked harder than anyone else I knew. That has to be hard with basketball.

1 Like

I can’t imagine being in a tough major on top of playing a sport. I dunno how they find the time.

Back in the day, architecture majors pulled frequent all-nighters. Can’t imagine much has changed.

The same way many found the time to excel at the sport they are getting a scholarship to play: dedication and self discipline.

I don’t have it. At least not to the level guys like this do.

EijH3CSUYAEWdXE

I feel really good about Khalifa. Maybe not so much this year because of injury, reduced practice time, and inexperience, but he looks fairly skilled and athletic in highlight videos. Plays smart and uses his body well. Has a pretty good looking shot too. I think he will be a solid big man for us.

What’s his recovery outlook? Anybody know?

I looked up typical recover time for knee fissure. Seemed like it was 1-2 months on average. Similar to other minor knee tissue tears.

That sounds as good as it can get. Hope rehab goes well.

And “newest” Niner. Played freshman season at Pfeiffer.

EjRUiB1XYAAmKJ6

in case you guys a want to know more about aly khalifa, here’s a short clip of what he can do:

full report here:

Per Goodman, Cannon will sit out this season.