Class of 2021 MBB recruiting thread

Niners have also contacted Gardner-Webb transfer 6-0 PG senior Jaheam Cornwall of Brooklyn, NY. Averaged 14.1 ppg and 3.8 apg this past season.

FWIW, Baker was one of five Bulldogs in double figures with 15 points when UNCA defeated the Niners 83-75 on December 3, 2019. Averaged 16.1 ppg as a frosh in 2018-19 and 16.5 ppg as a soph in 2019-20, which led the team both seasons.

Are Patriot league basketball players on scholarships these days?..I remember Feinstein wrote a book on this topic many years ago.

Patriot began allowing basketball scholarships in 1998.

We offered the 6-4 SG back in 2016 and made his “final four” along with Clemson, GT and South Carolina. Taking advantage of the extra year:

2 Likes
3 Likes

I like it. Not saying he’s an allstar but seems like def upgrade and also in depth over some of last year’s players.

A coworker Clemson alum said he is real athletic and should be one of our best players.

Williams has some competition to fire his ass. Spots 1-3 will be competition.

2 Likes

Big !

I guarantee these two transfers are a step
Up from this years two!

1 Like

Those that were around remember the “Trapp to Charlotte” theme. I think this is big.

Clyde Trapp jr highlights. He’s definitely a hell of an athlete.

2 Likes

He may lead the team next year. He should take a lot of the responsibility off of Young.

So…
1 young
2 Austin butler
3 trapp

clt says we are going sweet 16 next year

Or at least win 12 games

Why would you have him listed as a starter over Brice Williams. He smaller, older and had worse stats. Wouldn’t we want to confirm our commitment to our own player rather than chasing dreams that a mediocre player from a “big school” is going to change our fortunes?

2 Likes

Niners have contacted Southern Illinois Edwardsville transfer 6-10 junior C Philip Pepple Jr. of Shoreline, WA. Averaged 7.8 ppg and 5 rpg in his one year at SIUE. First two collegiate seasons at JUCO Casper College in Wyoming.

1 Like

Trapp played the 2nd most minutes at Clemson last season but had the 4th most fg attempts. I haven’t watched him play and don’t know a lot about Clemson other than they had a good year last year finishing 5th in the ACC.

So… on paper, I’m gonna start a guy that’s in his 5th year and played the 2nd most minutes on the 5th best team in the ACC last year over Williams. I’m gonna expect the competition to be a little easier for Trapp this coming year than his entire college career and he may even be a #1-2 option for fg attempts. We’ll see.

He starts every game for Clemson last year and he can’t make the starting rotation at Charlotte? How many games we win last year?

1 Like

Seems like a good way to piss off and stunt the growth of your own home grown players who are improving. We will see how it works out.

1 Like