Classic / ICE cars ⛽

I had to drive a rental Chevy Colorado for a long while, and it sucked compared to a Tacoma. The bought a brand new Chevy SUV in 2003, and it was the worst purchase I ever made. I traded it in on a used 2000 Tundra, which was the best vehicle purchase I ever made. I will never trust modern Chevy

1 Like

clt says toyota is falling behind bigly. products are well made but tech and interiors are streets behind.

NA agrees with CLT. There is not enough push to innovate at Toyota.

In 1988 my dad bought a Eddie Bauer Aerostar and complained they at nearly 20k it cost almost as much as his first house in 1968. My wife wants a bronco that is selling for north of 55k. My first house in 2000 was 65k. Just crazy makes ya wonder what a basic new car will be in 20 years.

Knock on wood but I’ve had really good luck with Chevys. But, I park in a garage and keep up the maintenance religiously.

At this point a Bronco for 55k is cheap. I don’t think it should be, but it is.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a pretty base level one. We are waiting on a few more to hit used market.

Cosumer Reports disagrees, at least in terms of the Traverse vs the 4Runner.

clt says the bronco is fun, but the wrangler is king. SFA>IFS

I had a wrangler. Not a fan :slight_smile: I also am not a mopar fan.

1 Like

That is an ancient vehicle now. Like a decade overdue for an update. I think my neighbor had a 2004 (that he bought new) and it’s the same basic truck.

1 Like

If all you want is a grocery getter, you probably wouldn’t understand why this guy is so excited driving this TRD Pro 4Runner. It will get you the groceries comfortably, whether you stay on the pavement or not.

He can’t drive or steer very well and no, it is not superior to the Tacoma TRD Pro

Also, most Toyota people would get pissed if their favorite body had a radical change. I mean, Ford would never change their mustang into some weak looking hatch back college commuter would they? Wait a minute, didn’t they do that in the EV thread?

Agreed. If you have a loyal following, which they do, they don’t need to change too much. None the less, CR is more about safety, reliability, performance than it is about styling.

clt says this toyota owner upgraded to SFA

Actually ford did that in the 70s