Clt says we needed an fau chat page

Simply NO D. Back to reality. Enthusiasm will only get you so far. Looks like itā€™s about this far.

I knew our defense was bad but the App game gave me false belief that our offense was better than it really is.

What someone else said, a talent gap. Gonna take a 2-3 years to see the level of talent the new regime can bring in here.

again, it sounds like 1 game and people are jumping off the bandwagon. didi you guys expect us not to have games like this, this season? if not, you needed a reality check. our offesne should be better with fisher back because whoevwr our backup center is, is not good. enthusiasm will win us some games. itā€™s not enough to win a lot but it makes a difference. we got exposed today though. we have no depth on defense. canā€™t put it on healy yet, this is what he inherited.

4 Likes

And what a Defensive coordinator Spencer is. WHat he did with our defense last year (especially against the run) and what he did to our rushing attack today. We were averaging around 200 yards per game rushing and we had maybe 50 today. Heā€™s legit.

4 Likes

First game I wasnā€™t happy with our effort under Healy. Rather itā€™s talent, scheme, injuries, etc simply we are a bad defensive football team. It doesnā€™t end our hope for a bowl game but definitely makes it harder to get to 6-6. How we perform in two weeks will tell us a lot and may not like the answer we get.

As bad as the defense was, we canā€™t turn the ball over 3 times and expect to win. Those INTā€™s really hurt.

Agreed, talent gap. They flew to the ball and made hits. They opened holes all game. We didnā€™t. They controlled the line from the get go.

I was surprised how fast they were. Thereā€™s our measuring stick.

My largest point I want to make is regarding fans, and I have so many mixed feelings about it. Iā€™m well aware Iā€™m going to get showered with ā€œsuck it upā€ and ā€œget over itā€ comments because it happens every time it comes up, but I have been blessed to go to most of the NFL and College football stadiums in the south as a result of my work, and my fatherā€™s work. I can promise you it was hotter in our stadium today than most of those are in early august. It is absolutely miserable in our stadium. When I first walked in today, I was pissed, because our stadium was well over half empty. It did fill in, but people also left in a hurry. I donā€™t know if itā€™s the sunken stadium, the turf, the concrete, the metal bleachers or what, but itā€™s too damn hot in our stadium. Itā€™s absolutely intolerable, and the longer we pretend like thatā€™s not an issue, the more people that come to one of our games, and never return are gone forever. That said, good on the students. That was the rowdiest student section Iā€™ve heard at a Charlotte game in at least 5 years. We have to find a solution. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s covering the stands in the master plan, or putting some sort of massive sun shade on epic. I donā€™t know, but the longer we pretend like itā€™s not an issue is the longer itā€™s an issue. It is significantly hotter in the shade in our stadium, than in the sun in clemson. and I canā€™t explain that, but I promise you itā€™s true. We must get attendance up for recruiting, player excitement, program perception, and the whole nine, but itā€™s not going to happen until we address the heat. Since we started the program, by the time the weather cools down, weā€™ve been totally out of the running for anything. Iā€™m interested to see how it plays out this year.

2 Likes

If we have a September home game it should probably be a 6pm kickoff.

1 Like

Totally agree on the heat.

With the heat combined with the shitty play made for a miserable event. I expected too much too soon I guess.

1 Like

The problems on O started with the O-Line and a lot at center. Between the high snaps every single shotgun formation and the complete lack of ability to stop pressure up the middle its nearly impossible to get things setup and organized.

Third down defense is atrocious, but it starts up front and we werent really getting pressure rushing 4. Their tight ends were tearing the secondary a part and those long conversions on third down wear our defense out.

In the end, everything aside it was the turnovers that really killed us. Take the INTS
away and we might just have a chance. The one in the endzone was a pure momentum killer.

The talks of competing for the conference title before this game were crazy. Lets have a winning season first and hopefully make ourselves bowl eligible.

I am looking forward to seeing the team play FIU in two weeks, but man I hope its better than today!

2 Likes

Jumping offsides when FAU was going for it on 4th down before the end of the first half was a killer penalty.

1 Like

1-) My tailgate on the rooftop of CRI was as perfect as it gets. Partly shaded and breezy. Walked down to go into game and buildings blocked the breeze and sun in full blaze with no shade. It was miserable for about 60-90 minutes.
2-) Think it was early 2nd quarter (correct me if Iā€™m wrong) but the Center literally cost us an entire series. And it carried over into the next. Itā€™s a simple snap, sometimes we mess it up. But time after time? Unacceptable

Physically they are just better than us. Bigger and faster. Combine that advantage with our snaps almost going over Reynoldsā€™ head and we just couldnā€™t get anything started. Except for that trick play we ran. That was fun.

Hot as hell.

Yes. Totally unacceptable. Iā€™m thinking maybe FAU was told to snap the ball only if we jumped offside, though once they knew that had a free one they did run a play.

1 Like

Upsetting game, Iā€™d be okay with us losing but we got the breaks beat off us.

We looked like we were scratching and clawing to just keep ourselves in the game from the first play. Our offensive line played really poorly, it seemed like we abandoned the run game. Defensively we were a mess, gave up multiple third and Kongā€™s, huge running and passing lanes.

The bye week is needed with our injuries + lack of depth, but if we play like that against FIU, our bowl dreams will be shot.

I had a chat with one of the gameday staff people and they said there are definitely issues with scanning tickets. She only scanned one of my two tickets coming in, and said half the scanners donā€™t work. She did mention that the athletic department was upset that the numbers donā€™t match actual attendance though.

And that, my boys, is what ball sacks taste like.

2nd and 3rd stringers st center today.

Do not agree with the heat complaints, but that might be because my seat had a steady breeze. My main complaint is that I waited for an hour on a football shuttle from East Deck.