Coaching Rumors

“Those people on the chat pages keep spying on me!”

What about Nick Johnson from Earlham College? He’s a record-setter (they’ve lost 53 in a row), so we might be able to get him pretty inexpensively: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25268382/d-iii-earlham-college-quakers-suspend-football-program-53-straight-losses

If Houston were to accept, I assume he would want to finish coaching the playoffs with JMU. I wonder when we would get an announcement.

I like Gattis and others but I love Houston’s background and head-coaching experience and success everywhere he has been. I would love for us to sign him as our head coach

2 Likes

Not sure I’ve heard a candidate I’m not excited about at some level…but I think Gattis was my least favorite of the bunch. Would be stoked with Houston or one of the Clemson co-coordinators.

Hiring Houston would be a huge story in the Charlotte media market. He’s won at Lenoir Rhyne and The Citadel. He will be a candidate if Virginia or Virginia Tech has an opening in the future.

There are few certainties in life, but Mike Houston is as close to a sure thing as we could hope to get in a football coach. If Hill pulls this off we need to immediately replace the Matthew Stafford statue with one of him in the off-season. This would be a grand slam hire.

1 Like

I’ve used JMU’s stadium as examples in a different thread too. Although the stadium is not symmetric, for 25k, it looks pretty big time. I know our design is different, but kind of gives you a good representation of how just 25k can have a dramatic impact on aesthetics.

I love half of Bridgeforth stadium, but the half I sat in makes Kidd-Brewer look like Papa John’s Stadium.

Props to NA to be upgraded from douche’ music snob to source

akjsdfokajsdfl;kajsd;kajsdk;lfha s;iksdhfkjasdhf;lkasjdf ;sa fakshdf;lkasjdflkasdjf asldk sa djfals;dkfj asd

2 Likes

Yeah, when are we building A GOLDEN STATUE OF MIKE HILL?

1 Like

Can I get a “Hill Yeah!”

2 Likes

Oh, Hill Yeah!

So Mike Hill went out and got arguably the top #2 Assistant in College Basketball and followed that up with arguably the top FCS Coach in College Football. He ain’t messin around folks!

3 Likes