Coaching Rumors

Boom!

Hehdifnsvzhifnfbxjxkwndb!!!

Just talked to someone who had walked out of Hill’s office. He said to not believe Twitter. Deal might not be done.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been trying to temper my excitement until we see something more official but its difficult.

Solid. Hope this sticks. Excited for our future and what’s to come

Does this mean Satterfield to Louisville?

Can someone confirm the buyout for Mike Houston, per this article posted when he signed his extension last year:

Says if he signs with a CUSA school, he owes JMU $500k per year, lowering some each year through the contract that runs through 2026.

Yes, its $500k.

So we would pay $8-900k per year, plus pick up this buyout for 10 years? That surprises me we’d be able to cover that for such a long time.

Most likely GT, recruits the area hard and his old DC is already there.

Guys, if it lasts longer than 4 hours call your physician.

2 Likes

Or a hooker.

1 Like

Mike, please make this happen!

Seeing a report that Houston will speak to the media after their practice today. Post any links here if you see them. This is incredible news!!

In Houston’s only losing season as HC, he led The Citadel to an OT victory over the Brad Lambert led 49ers. They finished 5-7 that year. The next year he won the SoCon, won Coach of the Year and bolted to JMU.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. He doesn’t confirm, but…

Mike Houston addresses the Charlotte question

Following JMU practice this evening. FWIW, JMU has acknowledged via twitter that he was offered the job but that he has not accepted.

if he has been offered and has not accepted but has spoken with the press about his offer, i question his judgement. this is not cool at all.

2 Likes

Apparently a JMU booster leaked it, and Houston wasn’t pleased about it, but there has been a media frenzy, so evidently he felt that addressing it as he did was better than not saying anything at all.

I’m also hoping it’s already about a done deal, and both athletic departments were aware.