Coaching Rumors

If Iā€™m being honest, Iā€™m now ok with Houston going to ECU for 5 or 6 mediocre 0.300 seasons, getting released and hired on as a coordinator at a Georgia State or somewhere while the Pirates continue to decline. Just because karma!

2 Likes

I would say all of the expletives!

1 Like

Just in case anyone was wondering Will Healy has outrecruited Mike Houston every year he was HC. He also has done that with a program that has arguably less success than us and 1/5th the budget

1 Like

clt says Hill did the right thing, and Houston will get less from ECU without us being in play. HA HA

We will be fine. Just wait.

I actually do like Healy, and think he has a ton of upside. But heā€™s just not what we need to sale the program right now. 33 years old with a very short career to judge him by. I honestly think we would be better off with Lambert next year than Healy. I want Healy in a decade, not right now.

I have to say, Healy has done enough, and I still have faith in Hill, that if heā€™s the hire Iā€™m okay with it!

1 Like

Healy sold a 0-11 team to recruits and was able to get the number 1 FCS signing class. I think he would be able to sell our potential because at this point we dont have much else.

2 Likes

Why is it that we only make espn for bad things? :joy:

1 Like

The most important line in Mike Hillā€™s tweet about Houston:

ā€œI feel itā€™s important to update our supporters on the status of our interest in Mike Houston.ā€

I am glad we were not just left hanging. Supporters matter.

3 Likes

Amen. The way Houston handled this proves that he was not the right guy for the job so Iā€™m glad heā€™s going elsewhere. Just hate we wasted time on him. We will be fine.

2 Likes

do you think Hill might be a little pissed?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Hill was not happy Houston went public with the offer knowing a verbal agreement was all he had and he could back out at any moment. Whoā€™s to say how it got leaked, but Hill made it clear we donā€™t make offers or wait around while you keep looking. Thatā€™s absurd and makes Houston and his team look foolish. Itā€™s not the best optics for us, since Hill may be circling back with previous candidates, but you better believe he lands the next guy.

there was a country song (ā€œhep me hereā€ ray charles would say) with a title something like ā€œThank God for dreams that didnā€™t come trueā€ or something like that. houston shot his wad with me.

Unanswerd Prayers by Garth Brooks is similarā€¦but about his high school crush

thatā€™s it. thanks. so much for my ā€œcrushā€ on Houston!

1 Like

Why are people saying Hill is ā€œgetting a passā€? He had a verbal agreement with a strong candidate, more than likely kept it secret, and got burned by his agent with the candidate who turned out not to be a loyal person.

He made a quick decision with Lambet and moved quickly to get in talks with a popular coachā€¦really dont understand how this couldve been handled differently by Hill. Bad luck coupled with bad decisions by Houston who just burned 2 bridges between us and JMU.

7 Likes

Shouldnā€™t have shut down the search process. Keep interviewing and give Houston a deadline. We would be ready to offer candidate #2 now instead of next week.

You get ink on the paper. Itā€™s that simple.

lesson for Hill: donā€™t deal with pricks! and How Exactly Do You Know?

1 Like

He was never going to sign anything because he never intended to take the job. Hillā€™s only mistake was not continuing the search until he did sign. Iā€™m sure he has learned his lesson and wonā€™t let that happen again. A manā€™s word should mean something and if Houstonā€™s word had been worth anything continuing the search would have seemed like a mistake by Hill too. Itā€™s easy to say he messed up in hindsight but I think overall he handled what turned out to be a bad situation pretty well.

3 Likes