Coaching Rumors

Yall are believing the media when they say Hill stopped the searchā€¦the same media saying it was a done dealā€¦

Chill out guys, we are FINE. Remember when some of you were upset when we hired Hill and not the other guy from PSU??? Trust the process. Dude will get a dang good coach.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think so. If we had continued with interviews, I donā€™t think there was a need for todayā€™s statement. You just offer the next guy.

The need for todayā€™s statement was that Houston pulled a dick move on Tuesday and for us to shut it down. Also throws out his little game of chess with other suitors. His negotiation tactics were shot with that statement. They now know our offer is gone.

He would have taken the job, but he wanted to string us along while he (very lamely and unprofessionally) publicity solicited other offers to see if a better one would come along. Hill did the right thing pulling the offer, itā€™s time to move on.

3 Likes

Right. But again, would have been unnecessary if we were ready to announce our new coach, which we could have been if weā€™d interviewed them earlier in the week but apparently we werenā€™t.

Doesnā€™t look like Ryan Day is an option. He is more or less coach in waiting for when Meyer steps away now. Not sure how much of a candidate he was to begin with anyway.

Prick Houston just lost Colgate game. He deserved a loss. Asshole. EZU got waxed by State today also. Didnā€™t hit a trifecta since ASsU won.

2 Likes

His reputation took a hit over the last week. He publically acknowledged interest in an offer during the week of practice for a playoff game distracting his team, he weasled out on a verbal agreement to chase other opportunitiesā€¦and to cap it off he loses to Colgate. Nice. Karma is a bitch.

Good news for himā€¦he gets to live in the armpit of Eastern NC trying to resurrect a program thatā€™s been dying for a decadeā€¦oh yeah, that still has no ADā€¦for like 6 months. Pretty sure that is the definition of dumpster fire.

Lost his team, lost his character, lost his reputationā€¦hope it was worth it.

2 Likes

ā€œIfā€ ECU gives him the job (not a certainty) at least he will be 13 miles closer to Franklin. I heard thatā€™s important to him. Oh well time to brush my teeth of this whole affair and see who Hill has in mind to take us to the promised land.

3 Likes

Houston played us. Not very ethical. Glad his ass lost today. Now, Houston, go fuck your self.

Postgame comments today he said he ā€œmade a mistake with people he associated with this week,obviously.ā€ But then said that ā€œtelling someone he wasnā€™t ready to do something, if thatā€™s wrong, then I donā€™t know.ā€

Listen assā€¦you can say youā€™re not ready to do somethingā€¦but not after you verbally agreed to a contract to do it. If you were not ready to do something you tell us Sunday at first contactā€¦not on Tuesday after discussing contract terms.

Ass.

2 Likes

Hole.

Translation ā€œ I may not get the ECU job so need to try to mend bridges at JMU just in caseā€

What a piece of crap.

3 Likes

Go to app state

clt says Houston is not a desirable coach now

2 Likes

Houston has made it clear he only cares about the next bigger and better gig he can find (look at his history)

What if he was our coach next year and led us to a surprise 8-4 and a school like South Carolina or NC State wanted to make a change? He wouldā€™ve ditched us in a heart beat after one year.

I know a lot of you would say at least he got us over the hump at 8-4ā€¦but thatā€™s now how we build momentum and get this program rolling. Him coming here for one year and ditching would mean no momentum in recruiting.

Look I get that if we become a successful program we wonā€™t be able to hold on to goood coaches forever. I just get the impression Houston wouldā€™ve ditched us after 1 good year (and with the defense we return I think weā€™re gonna surprise folks next year)

1 Like

Imagine if that falls apart and JMU says, ā€œIā€™m sorry Mike, but weā€™ve already found your replacementā€ and the replacement saunters in, hands in pockets, and gives Houston some job-searching advice:

ā€œWrite a really good cover letter, Mike. Write it like your hairā€™s on fire.ā€

5 Likes

Correction: he waited until Thursday

Now thatā€™s funny, I donā€™t care who you are. Good job ZLew.

1 Like

Iā€™ll say this. I have had the opportunity to be with our football team, as well as other of our teams, several times over the last few years. Iā€™ve seen the character of our football student athletes (as well as other sports) which was put in place by Brad and am honestly proud of the character of the kids in our program. I am firmly behind Mike Hillā€™s decision that Brad wouldnā€™t get us to where we ultimately should be in terms of success on the field. I was excited about our hire of Mike Houston and thought that he was a great next step for our program, both on the field success while continuing to develop the character of our kids.

Now, after the developements of the last few days, Iā€™m glad that Mike Houston revealed himself to not be who we thought he was, and now we can find the person who will continue our process of developing quality student athletes, of which I am one, while leading us to success on the field in the most important program from a revenue development standpoint.

I am REALLY thankful that we have Mike Hill in place to run this process and I am totally confident that he will manage the process to an outstanding conclusion.

11 Likes