Coaching Rumors

agreed!

Iā€™m hearing the Niners may hire a ā€œfigureheadā€ head coach, similar to what ASU did with Herm Edwards.

The name I keep hearing more than any other: Steve Beuerlein. To my knowledge heā€™s not coaching, but thatā€™s OK. Legendary Panther, has great cache in Charlotte. If he can hire good coordinators and position coaches he could be just what Charlotte needs.

Another candidate is one I havenā€™t heard but Iā€™m mentioning on my own:

Eminem

Again all the in-game stuff would be handled by assistant coaches. But you canā€™t deny all the best players Charlotte could possibly get would come so they could be near a legendary rapper.

Should be an interesting few weeks as Charlotte finishes this search.

Is that you Mark Price? Enough Bobblehead coaches. I kind of like Healy. Thank God for Wiki, or I could not have reached any opinion there. As for Mike Houston, God does have a place for him in Hell. Take the short route Mr Houston.

2 Likes

You want him to go to hell for not wanting to take a discount to take the Charlotte job? Wow.

You can go to Hell too

3 Likes

Nah. But he can go to the Gulag.

2 Likes

clt would like to see butch jones hired as our new FB coach

I agree with CLT, I think Butch Jones would be a good hire.

I wouldnā€™t complain about Butch Jones.

Healy is young and full of energy. He performed a miracle at Austin Peay. I think he should be considered.

This season didnā€™t go so well at austin Peay. Thatā€™s a cause for concern.

3 Likes

Yup, not excited about that at all. Hopefully he is not the next coach as Iā€™m hoping for a bigger name/better resume. If he is, he must truely be a great salesman. Very big salary jump for his recent results.

I am hoping that if I were having a beer with Mike Hill, and I said ā€œname 10 guys that I have never heard of, but will be winning head coaches one dayā€ he would say, ā€œI am going to need another beer, but write these downā€, and then spout off a list. There are hundreds of Div I ADs out there, but I hope Hillā€™s super power is insight into guys that are not there yet. Ron Sanchez feels like that to me.

Right now my head is in a place where I want us to find somebody that looks like a winner on Wikipedia, because I do not have the knowledge to see somebody that is going to become a winner. I need to trust that Hill has a more sophisticated approach than mine, and is looking at candidates who possess the skills and traits to leverage our campus, facilities, city, etc., to put all the pieces together.

1 Like

Exactly. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m going to get behind whoever Hill brings in. He has yet to give me reason to approach it otherwise.

2 Likes

If a guy can sell Austin Peay, turn that perennial loser around in one year with only one loss to a very competitive FBS Army team, at his young age, I can imagine Healy kicking ass selling Charlotte, especially when we are now THAT perennial loserā€¦Geographically, Healy could get us into recruiting Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Virginia, DCā€¦listening to Healy, he sounds much smarter than Short-timer Houston. I am pretty sure Austin Peay doesnā€™t have a pro football team or light rail, but I need to Wiki that

1 Like

We fired a coach who already knew how to win 5 games at FCS (like Healy did this season). Lambert never lost 11 games at FCS, only FBS. Maybe Healy can lose us 12 at FBS?

he took over austin peay, which is so underfunded samuel l. jackson could play their head coach in a movie. convinced recruits to come their after an 0-11 season and ended up with the best fcs class in the country. his predecessor went like 1-43.

2 Likes

At this pointā€¦if Gattis could still be an option, Iā€™d like to revisit Bateman from Army.

If itā€™s Healyā€¦Iā€™d rather us promote Spencer.

This needs to be finished ASAP. This just feels like a very slow moving search.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind slow moving if we catch a big fishā€¦slow moving to get Healy would be a punch to the dick