College athletes and compensation - NIL, Alston v NCAA, etc 💰

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Daily musings and oddities :spiral_calendar:

I think @NinerWupAss said it best:

Why even have eligibility at this point? If they aren’t amateurs and it isn’t tied fully to education, then why should anyone have to leave after 4 years?

2 Likes
1 Like

Hilary Duff Lol GIF by YoungerTV

1 Like

Old news. Head coach served a three game suspension at the start of the season.

1 Like

True that one time Charlotte coach Katie Meier served a suspension at beginning of the season but this initial NIL ruling just handed down last week.

Well, that makes no sense :thinking:

I suspect that the suspension came from within the Miami-FL AD as part of their publicly stated cooperation with the NCAA investigation back in November.

2 Likes
1 Like

clt says this is interesting, NIL was not vetted

Why is this an issue. Seems like they are trying to infringe on her right to earn under NIL.

This particular issue is possible academic misconduct per the school’s code of student conduct, not whether she’s making money or not.

Surely she wasn’t dumb enough to actually do an assignment with that program. It’s just an add.

Not sure where to post this so I’ll leave it here but can you force the league ivy to actually start giving out athletic scholarships?

1 Like

They better be careful. Some Ivy’s may call their bluff and just cancel the sport(s).

1 Like