Conference affiliation

Judy has said repeatedly that she will not compromise basketball for football, your wishes notwithstanding.

It’s a shithole conference. There’s no defending it. It’s even worse than when we were in it last time, and that’s all anyone did back then was complain about it.

Too many of you thata re saying you’d take a bid weren’t around back then. I’m not talking about 2004. I’m talking about the late 90s. It wasn’t a good league then and it’s much worse now and the only way Memphis succeeded was with John fucking cheating bastard calimari.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:21, topic:23958”]Judy has said repeatedly that she will not compromise basketball for football, your wishes notwithstanding.

It’s a shithole conference. There’s no defending it. It’s even worse than when we were in it last time, and that’s all anyone did back then was complain about it.

Too many of you thata re saying you’d take a bid weren’t around back then. I’m not talking about 2004. I’m talking about the late 90s. It wasn’t a good league then and it’s much worse now and the only way Memphis succeeded was with John f***ing cheating bastard calimari.[/quote]

So, you’re basically saying you want to remain FCS forever?

You aint followed college basketball very long have you? Saint Joe Xavier Temple and Dayton are a hole lot more known than ECU Marshall UCF and USM. Not as much as my UNC Heels tho.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:21, topic:23958”]Judy has said repeatedly that she will not compromise basketball for football, your wishes notwithstanding.

Too many of you thata re saying you’d take a bid weren’t around back then. I’m not talking about 2004. I’m talking about the late 90s. It wasn’t a good league then and it’s much worse now and the only way Memphis succeeded was with John f***ing cheating bastard calimari.[/quote]

Is this a joke?..I disagree with you completely and I’ve been “around” since the early 80s.

If I had Judy tell you that I had great beachfront property in Nevada to sell you would you buy that from her too. Basketball is in the passenger seat from now on. You don’t compromise the health of your $6 million sport for your $2 million sport. You try too do the best for both and I’m sure Judy will try, but you can argue that CUSA is pretty close to being the best non-BCS conference again with Utah and BYU gone from the MWC. Judy will join CUSA in a heartbeat and if you don’t think so you’re deluding yourself.

i always took that to mean that we wouldn’t go to the Big South or the SoCon in all sports.

You don’t turn down all sports to CUSA at our stage.

In state conference matchup with ECU on the football field would do wonders for this rival-less school too.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:22, topic:23958”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:21, topic:23958”]Judy has said repeatedly that she will not compromise basketball for football, your wishes notwithstanding.

So, you’re basically saying you want to remain FCS forever?[/quote]

No. There are other FBS conferences besides CUSA

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:28, topic:23958”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:22, topic:23958”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:21, topic:23958”]Judy has said repeatedly that she will not compromise basketball for football, your wishes notwithstanding.

No. There are other FBS conferences besides CUSA[/quote]

Yes… the Sun Belt and the MAC.

Neither are even half as good as C-USA in any sport.

The idea that we are going to magically jump into the Big East is absurd.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:29, topic:23958”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:28, topic:23958”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:22, topic:23958”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:21, topic:23958”]Judy has said repeatedly that she will not compromise basketball for football, your wishes notwithstanding.

No. There are other FBS conferences besides CUSA[/quote]

Yes… the Sun Belt and the MAC.

Neither are even half as good as C-USA in any sport.

The idea that we are going to magically jump into the Big East is absurd.[/quote]

Now, now! Your logic could be offensive!

What non-BCS conference would you suggest NA?

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:12, topic:23958”]Memphis, Houston, UAB, Utep, & Tulsa are good in hoops. USM & Tulane are down, but can improve. Marshall made a good run last year. I’ll go back to Cusa in all. I never wanted to leave.

I’m seeing all the prices for just assts., & I’m thinking we can’t afford to go 1-A anytime soon. (as much as I want to.)[/quote]

Come on. Tulane and USM have both sucked since like 92. We went like 19-1 against these two schools when we were in CUSA…and they haven’t gotten any better since.

And absolutely kill our basketball program. Death Knell.

that’s the same thing some usf fans said at one time.

that’s the same thing some usf fans said at one time.[/quote]

Uconn as well. And now Villanova.

bill cowher?

Id love to see us in CAA for awhile. Id rather see national title runs in football and have bball in the A10 making ncaa runs, than to have the bball not make the tourney because they didnt win the CUSA tournament and have the football team be 7-5 and going to the Used toilet paper bowl or whatever the heck they call bowls these days. Big East or A10/CAA IMO.

They went from FCS to CUSA to the Big East, are you not making his own point?

Uconn as well. And now Villanova.[/quote]
UCONN and Villanova were Big East teams in the other sports. If we played all other sports in the Big East, yes it would be dumb to go to the CUSA. Apples and Oranges.

They went from FCS to CUSA to the Big East, are you not making his own point?[/quote]

my point was they were a startup team one year and only a few years later they were in the big east. i’m not opposed to cusa. but i think we need to stay in a10/caa while we are fcs.

They went from FCS to CUSA to the Big East, are you not making his own point?[/quote]

my point was they were a startup team one year and only a few years later they were in the big east. i’m not opposed to cusa. but i think we need to stay in a10/caa while we are fcs.[/quote]

I agree, but that’s not what is being argued.

What is being argued is turning down an opportunity to move to FBS because the opportunity is with a lesser basketball conference.

I can understand the Sun Belt (hell, I think FCS would be better than the Sun Belt) but the MAC or C-USA would have to be worth it, IMO.