Lol. Hit wrong GIf. Hahahahaha
CNBC: Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months.
If yearly boosters are needed Iām likely out on that.
Yup, I would have to see overwhelming evidence to justify it. Iāve been a hypochondriac all week and would be extremely hesitant to subject myself to that again, especially when in general viruses evolve to be more contagious but less deadly.
Also while weāre talking about resistance to getting the shot the 1984 feel of the mass vaccination event at BOA set off every libertarian alarm bell in me.I had two friends attend it, one compared it to a horror movie and the other The Hunger Games. I know some of things were meant to be re-assuring but they were not.
We all bring our baggage to events but being a conservative who has read a lot of dystopian fiction too many things were hitting close to home. They really need to get input from a wide variety of people when setting those things up.
Iām still glad I did because I have a pre-existing condition (great health otherwise) and felt it was the right thing to do. I just want to say this so some of you guys can get a different perspective, if you want people to get it that view the world similarly to me, no talk of boosters now and make the mass events with a lessā¦dystopian vibe.
Thatās not directed at the post but at the messaging in general that has been coming out the past few days.
I donāt approach the shots without any trepidation. In fact I tensed up right before I had my first one at the thought of how unproven it was. A couple of breathing exercises and intentionally joking around with the nice lady who gave me the shot loosened me up enough for the shot to go smoothly. I try not to overthink it now. My perspective is that it makes sense to question the safety of the mRNA delivery package as its side effects are unproven over a long period. But I do draw some comfort from educating myself on exactly what it does do / how it works. Ultimately, I predict itāll be the future of many treatments that are even safer than things like the virus based J&J shots, and I have spoken to doctors who agree. But I do understand the fear of the unknown and the fact that we havenāt sufficient data about side effects yet.
Where I depart from others who fear the shots are the fear of dystopian intent from the government or even the healthcare companies who provide the shots. I certainly understand distrust of the latterās profit motive. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this booster story. āYeah, and it doesnāt hurt the bottom line either, does it?ā. Welcome the new cash cow. But an oppressive government forcing innoculations? To what end? Do they have some objective to kill you off? What exactly is the fear of? Iād make jokes about bill gates mind control 5g chips and third arms, but this is a serious question, because I donāt get it. I cannot even attribute a fear of killing off the boomers, because the virus was already filling the trophy case there. Exactly what is the specific fear of the government here? Iām drawing a blank. Help me connect the dots.
I guess I cannot help making a couple of wisecrack jokes, but my question is sincere. Iām trying to understand that dystopian perspective. All I see is a profit motive in terms of possible intentional harm.
For me itās less fear of the government and more I just donāt like the idea of getting yearly shots for something that I personally stand little risk from. I donāt get the flu vaccine for the same reason. If I develop a health issue or in general just get older then fine Iāll get it.
I donāt like the idea the govt creates rules though that then force you basically to get it. Makes a really efficient delivery mechanism for an entity that I donāt trust.
If I had asked a group of people two years ago if they thought the FDA process for approving new drugs was ridiculous, inefficient and over-regulated, I think many people would have said āYes!ā. How many of those same people are now saying this vaccine wasnāt tested enough? Makes me scratch my head.
Haha no, I get it. It was just the mood of the mass vaccination event. Voice over the loud speaker, making statements like, and I hesitate to quote here because I was getting sensory overload but something like āthe first step to regaining your normal life begins todayā, āthe vaccines are completely safeā (now Iām not 100% sure they said completely but I heard it haha) it just brought me back to that Orwellian voice reassuring everyone about The Party. It was a vibe from a dystopian movie to me. I laughed when my friends said horror movie and Hunger Games, different frames of reference but same feeling. I know it was unintentional but it was jarring. If they had just modified the message to be less absolute and more about affirming your choice it would have helped a lot.
That profit motive is the first thing that popped in my head on boosters, now they may be shown to be necessary but it is premature at this point I think to be discussing them as much as they are. Thereās already hesitancy, saying we may need boosters and yearly shots will not encourage people to get the first. Letās get most people vaccinated, act responsibly, and see where we are in a few months.
I just wanna say anything remotely like this would have made my skin crawl, and I would have noped TF outta there. Lol. Yikes.
I got mine at a church and everyone was so nice and laid back it almost seemed too easy. Almost. Perfect for the level of anxiety I brought with me.
My only fear is long term safety, not so much for me, but for my kids. I also think there is an % of the population already immune to covid naturally (me). I am not afraid of a flu shot, but I refuse it every year because I never had the flu. That logic can apply to covid as well.
would of been nice for Fauci to give his objective āmetricā yesterday to Congress of when he felt normal rights can be restored. He refused and left it subjective.
clt says the 3rd shot will be necessary. the batteries in the 5g nanotracers donāt last forever
Just a little history lesson. Geez.
The government not telling the citizens the total story or their objectives - not that far fetched.
I canāt believe thatās even up for debate. These stories arenāt hard to find. The Tuskegee experiment was lead by the CDC, the same org he canāt believe people donāt trust. Mind boggling.
Go read āThe Best and The Brightestā and āDereliction of Dutyā to see how far people of power will go to maintain that power.
The lockdowns and vaccinations were certainly an experiment in compliance. It worked. Now for climate change.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/world/climate-change-covid-19-lessons-equity/index.htmls
And there was outrage about the Tuskegee Syphillus Study, which was also racially motivatedā¦there was significant aftermath:
In 1974, Congress passed the National Research Act and created a commission to study and write regulations governing studies involving human participants. Within the United States Department of Health and Human Services, the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) was established to oversee clinical trials. Now studies require informed consent,[24] communication of diagnosis and accurate reporting of test results.[25] Institutional review boards (IRBs), including laypeople, are established in scientific research groups and hospitals to review study protocols, protect patient interests, and ensure that participants are fully informed.
In 1994, a multi-disciplinary symposium was held on the U.S. Public Health Service Syphilis Study at Tuskegee : Doing Bad in the Name of Good?: The Tuskegee Syphilis Study and Its Legacy at the University of Virginia. Following that, interested parties formed the Tuskegee Syphilis Study Legacy Committee to develop ideas that had arisen at the symposium, chaired by Vanessa Northington Gamble. It issued its final report in May 1996, having been established at a meeting on January 18ā19 of that year.[37] The Committee had two related goals:[37]
- President Bill Clinton should publicly apologize to the survivors and their community for past government wrongdoing related to the study due to the harm done to the Macon County community and Tuskegee University, and the fears of government and medical abuse the study created among African Americans. No apology had yet been issued at the time.[37]
- The Committee and relevant federal agencies should develop a strategy to redress the damages, specifically recommending the creation of a center at Tuskegee University for public education about the study, ātraining programs for health care providersā, and a center for the study of ethics in scientific research.[37]
A year later on May 16, 1997, Bill Clinton formally apologized and held a ceremony at the White House for surviving Tuskegee study participants. He said:
What was done cannot be undone. But we can end the silence. We can stop turning our heads away. We can look at you in the eye and finally say on behalf of the American people, what the United States government did was shameful, and I am sorry⦠To our African American citizens, I am sorry that your federal government orchestrated a study so clearly racist.[38]
Five of the eight study survivors attended the White House ceremony.[39]
The presidential apology led to progress in addressing the second goal of the Legacy Committee. The federal government contributed to establishing the National Center for Bioethics in Research and Health Care at Tuskegee, which officially opened in 1999 to explore issues that underlie research and medical care of African Americans and other under-served people.[40]
In 2009, the Legacy Museum opened in the Bioethics Center, to honor the hundreds of participants of the Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the African American Male. [37][41]
There are two priorities now:
-
Push the % vaccinated as far north of 70-80% as possible
-
study how the virus is occasionally beating the vaccine so we can continue to adopt best practices.
The goal here is to get the R0 down to 1.0 or better yet below. The last time I saw any data, it was still at 5.82 which is way too damn high for the pandemic to end.
Some decent info that is only about a month old.
I also wanna go on record as someone who is likely immune and vaccinated Iām done with masks. Unless Iām instructed to im not putting it on.
Me as well. Iāll carry it in my pocket but Iām not putting it on unless asked