Covid Vaccine Poll

Yeah totally one sided. You have poked the bear im afraid LOL

1 Like

Good news. We are there. Current national average is 1.0

Table 1: Latest estimates (as of the 2021-04-14) of the number of confirmed cases by date of infection, the expected change in daily confirmed cases, the effective reproduction number, the growth rate, and the doubling time (when negative this corresponds to the halving time). The median and 90% credible interval is shown for each numeric estimate.

Estimate
New confirmed cases by infection date 79118 (54272 – 114189)
Expected change in daily cases Likely increasing
Effective reproduction no. 1 (0.9 – 1.2)
Rate of growth 0.013 (-0.027 – 0.054)
Doubling/halving time (days) 53 (13 – -26)

https://epiforecasts.io/covid/posts/national/united-states/

All the countries in the UK are below 1 as well

Coronavirus R number in the UK 0.7-0.9 (26 March)|2048x873.6

The highest R value Covid would have if we took no action is 3.

1 Like

That’s good info. Thanks. The only concerning part there is the likely increasing predictor.

Been two weeks since my second dose so fully vaccinated. Son got his first dose on Monday and daughter got hers today.

Heard an interview with musician Yo-Yo Ma today and talked about giving an impromptu performance during the observation period after getting his second dose at a clinic in Pittsfield, MA. Said someone asked him if he’d ever played with the Boston Symphony! :wink:

1 Like

Moving forward I’ll just defer to Bill Maher. This is 100% dead on my thoughts.

2 Likes

Can’t stand Maher, but he nailed it this time around. He went on to say that Texas and Florida got it right and NY and California went way too far.

I have had the SlowCOVIDNC Exposures app running on my phone for a year, and so far it has not registered a single exposure. Have I been lucky? Careful? Or is nobody else running the app?

Far from a Maher fan…but 100% D.O.B.A.

The Gallup poll numbers are what I mean when I say irrational fear. 41% of Dems think you have a greater than 50% chance of being hospitalized if you catch Covid. Another 28% think it’s 20% or greater. It’s 1-5%. How does someone think it’s over 50%???

The obesity numbers are eye opening too. 78% of those hospitalized, ventilated or who died with Covid were over weight or obese. But as he says, we would literally rather die than talk about or address that. How much of the 1.9 trillion Covid relief bill will be used to fight obesity?? We have the data that proves that is the underlying issue.

This misinformation and intention around it really concerns me. Someone stated earlier that the last R0 value they saw for Covid was 5.2. Scientists and medical professionals have said that if we did nothing the R0 value would be 3. I am sure they heard the 5.2 somewhere and passed it along unknowing it was 5x the actual number and 1.5x more than worse case scenario.

Scary

Turn off the news. Read. Read people you agree with and people you don’t agree with. Listen to medical professionals. Listen to people you agree with and people you don’t agree with. Don’t take medical advice from the politicians or the media.

Read, read and read.

3 Likes

Likely the latter. I don’t think it was a very successful rollout. The last number I saw was 100-150k downloads

I think I already said it here but I’ll say it again. Saw a massively overweight lady at Walmart awhile back. Fit guy walks by with no mask. She yells at him for not wearing a mask then says if she dies of Covid it’s his fault.

Absolutely insane.

The body positivity movement is gonna cost us far more lives - people that should be living a long life and and contributing to society but we can’t say dude you are fat you need to lose weight.

Hell there’s a movement that says obesity and BMI are racist. That’s where we are. Covid should be the light bulb that forces our society to personally take responsibility for our health, but it’s not gonna happen. Be happy in your own body and all then blame someone else when you are in hospital with Covid or get diabetes or heart disease.

As Maher said, I’m only giving you facts, how irresponsible of me. That’s where we are.

We still have far too many people doing the following:

  1. acting like being fully vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna is 100% protection against infection OR transmission. It’s not.

  2. the pandemic is over and it’s business as usual. As I have said before, all we are doing with that attitude is prolonging the pandemic and breeding variants. In the matrix, you’re a duracell. In the pandemic, your a virus incubator / evolutionary chamber.

Cases are still on the rise, and as covered widely, the prominent strain in the U.S. is the B.1.1.7 variant that originated in the U.K (aka the Kent variant). That one is proving to be more infectious, but luckily, so far, not more deadly.

The South African variant, B.1.3.5.1, is now in 60 countries but is not yet as widespread as the Kent variant. This one and possible future variants are the ones that cause the most concern. It has already proven to be a challenge to Moderna and Pfizer vaccines; much more so than any previous variant:

We should all aspire to stamping out these new variants, reduce the number of cases to something neglible (kinda like that blockbuster locations timelapse map that was making the rounds - that was fascinating), such as continuing to mask, sterilize and vaccinate to help with herd immunity.

On a personal outcomes level, I completely agree that we need to urge people to address their controllable comorbidities, such as weight, hypertension, and diabetes. A national information campaign (not shaming, but clearcut unbiased data) is something I wish the U.S. Government would implement along with the W.H.O. to get the message out everywhere around the globe.

We know more about this virus everyday. I caution those that dislike any aspect of caution from seeking out data points that were later revised based upon better information, as confirmation bias to ignore the entire pandemic. If that doesn’t work for you, go volunteer for a nurse assistant shift at the local ICU. I heard Minnesotas are overrun currently.

Well its been 15 months and you talk the same crap. Bottom line, 11% of people in NC have had it in 15 months. And you get on here with your panties in a wad that those of us using caution and have been vaccinated need to remain in a hole.

1 Like

I’ve said nothing of the sort about you or to you. But if you choose to take it personally, then you very clearly have a chip on your shoulder.

The victimization posts in this thread are getting ridiculous.

I look at it this way the covid penetration of fully vaccinated people is very low. I got the vaccine so I can go back about my life. If I’m asked to wear a mask I will, but at this point I am pretty back to normal with all my behaviors. Crowds don’t bother me. For those that haven’t been vaccinated then they need to get on it if they so choose and if they want to be protected. Yea variants are out there but the data so far says they aren’t a higher threat than the OG strain for vaccinated.

If getting the vaccine meant I had to keep acting like I didn’t get the vaccine I would not have gotten it. The issue here isn’t vaccinated people going back to normal it’s non vaccinated people - and their safety isn’t my job now that everyone has access to vaccine. They need to have personal accountability for themselves.

1 Like

After being fully vaccinated, I’m going to be way more concerned about being in close quarters with unmasked unvaccinated folks for extended lengths of time than any other casual situation (which I won’t worry about). Its going to be tougher now to judge that because some of those people are going to be like me and you, and how do we tell them apart? I’ll probably just wear a mask indoors at stores and such just cause it’s easier. But I do intend to go back to living more normally. I don’t wear a mask outdoors now, so I obviously have no plans to start doing so.

Actually that’s a lie. I wore one today to do some yard work. But it was cause of all the GD pollen, not Covid. It’s BRUTAL this year. Can feel it coating my throat instantly. So gross.

Why are you concerned with unmasked unvaccinated people if you are fully vaccinated? I think that’s the disconnect with this situation.

Because they can still spread the virus, even to vaccinated people. I’m not worried about my personal outcomes… only of being another virus vector.

I’ll be more annoyed than worried.

No matter what we do we aren’t going to wipe Covid out. We are going to have to live with it. The unvaccinated present a much bigger danger to themselves than to us. They are of basically no more concern to me than an ant. If they don’t take personal responsibility for themselves I don’t really give a damn.

Out of shape people and unvaccinated. I give less than 2 shits about. If they wanna roll the dice go for it.