Curtis Withers Pre-Draft Camp

[IMG]http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nba/2003/1205/photo/a_magloire_i.jpg[/IMG]

GotLutz get a better picture from the same distance Ben looks freakishly huge because the picture is closer. Curtā€™s is a lil bit more distant. But Yes Curt is ripped and is the same build I gurantee it

GotLutz get a better picture from the same distance Ben looks freakishly huge because the picture is closer. Curt's is a lil bit more distant. But Yes Curt is ripped and is the same build I gurantee it
Curt is strong, there's no doubt about that. But I wouldn't go and compare his strength to Ben Wallace. Have you seen that man in person? He's a freaking beast of nature.
KTown ever heard of a guy named Ben wallace no offensive skill what so ever horrible free throw shooter but can Rebound like no-one else. Curt has more offensive skills than Ben and Ben is only an inch taller. Same build and everything.

PLEASE donā€™t make that comparisonā€¦itā€™s ridiculous.

Ben is one of the best defensive players in the league, has GREAT hands, is TWICE as strong with the ball and is a MAN in the paintā€¦No comparison at all (except for the lack of offense).

Curt is a turnover machine because he is WEAK with the ballā€¦he canā€™t catchā€¦canā€™t dribbleā€¦and is literally a liability on Defense. Again, NO comparison except for the lack of offense.

I love Curtā€¦HEā€™S A NINERā€¦but NO chance at making the NBA.

Again, itā€™s not a BAD thing. We have had a TON of great players excel in Europe. Most of those players had truckloads more talent than Curt. (i.e. Jarvis, DeMarco, Henry, Dink).

Itā€™s not a slam on Curt, itā€™s just realityā€¦orā€¦dare I say ā€œTruthā€

Ben is [B]THE[/B] best defensive player in the league
Fixed

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;176570]Curt has more offensive skills than Ben and Ben is only an inch taller. Same build and everything.[/QUOTE]

STOP

Damn, must we rub it in?

Sorry, I just HAD to quote this from the shoutbox for the recordā€¦

[1 Minute Ago]                                                                           [URL=http://../member.php?u=900]                         Chisox17[/URL]:                                                                                                     ben is a MONSTER, he could box out a bull elephant on steroids                                                                                    
 [1 Minute Ago]                                                                           [URL=http://../member.php?u=900]                         Chisox17[/URL]:                                                                                                     are we seriously comparing ben wallace and curtis withers??

haha really tho that dude is chisled out of stone or something, i would HATE to have to post up against him

[QUOTE=KTown49er;176578]

Curt is a turnover machine because he is WEAK with the ballā€¦he canā€™t catchā€¦canā€™t dribbleā€¦and is literally a liability on Defense. Again, NO comparison except for the lack of offense.

[/QUOTE]

I think youā€™re too tough on Curt. Iā€™m a realist, but I dont even remember him being a liability on defense? He was really our only interior defender.

Curt is inconsistent and does have bad hands/turns the ball over too much. But, he has also dropped about 40 in a major DI college game. His skills eroded last yearā€¦was it because of the constant double and triple teams? Weā€™ll see.

[QUOTE]PLEASE donā€™t make that comparisonā€¦itā€™s ridiculous.

Ben is one of the best defensive players in the league, has GREAT hands, is TWICE as strong with the ball and is a MAN in the paintā€¦No comparison at all (except for the lack of offense).

Again, itā€™s not a BAD thing. We have had a TON of great players excel in Europe. Most of those players had truckloads more talent than Curt. (i.e. Jarvis, DeMarco, Henry, Dink).

Itā€™s not a slam on Curt, itā€™s just realityā€¦orā€¦dare I say ā€œTruthā€[/QUOTE]

seriously dude

have a little faith in your team

yea he might not make it, but he has just as good of a shot as a bunch of other guys. he might not have allstar talent, but if he keeps working he can find a spot somewhere. he has some talent and is strong and tough, i have no doubt he could become a good roleplayer in the nba.

Curt seems to do well in these type of camps/trials. He beat out many of the ā€œtopā€ college players before. Hopefully, he can do it again.

There are a lot of serviceable college players with NO skills that are on an NBA level. If theyā€™re smart, theyā€™ll go to class and get a degree, with which they can at least earn a living. Thatā€™s the real way most of these kids can take advantage of the gifts God gave them.

I don't expect Curt to be drafted, but in the second round of what should really be a one-round draft, he's got a shot because he can be a dominant rebounder if he concentrates on that. He might be better off as a free agent, though. 

The Ben Wallace comparison .... hmmmmm. If he gets to that level as an NBA player, he'll have surpassed even the most optimistic of Niner fans' expectations, I would bet.
seriously dude

have a little faith in your team

yea he might not make it, but he has just as good of a shot as a bunch of other guys. he might not have allstar talent, but if he keeps working he can find a spot somewhere. he has some talent and is strong and tough, i have no doubt he could become a good roleplayer in the nba.

Dude,

It has NOTHING to do with having FAITH in my team. I LOVE the Niners and I LOVE Curt. The REALITY of the situation is that he is NOT an NBA skilled playerā€¦heā€™s just not.

That statement doesnā€™t make me any less of a Niner fanā€¦itā€™s just a fact. The ONLY thing Curt does at an NBA level is rebound. He has poor hands for Div1 Collegeā€¦He has an average offensive game by Div1 standards and is average at best defensively by Div1 standards.

I wish he could make it in the NBA and promote our program but itā€™s not going to happen. The Ben Wallace comparison was awfulā€¦not even close. Curt is a great guy and a great representative of this Universityā€¦but heā€™s not an NBA player. Sorry if that hurts.

Again, Henry, Dinkā€¦and more positionally relevantā€¦Jarvis and DeMarco had A LOT more talent than Curt and they never sniffed the NBA either.

It is what it isā€¦but donā€™t insinuate that Iā€™m not a fan of this school or of Curt simply because I can be objective and realistic.

There are a lot of serviceable college players with NO skills that are on an NBA level. If they're smart, they'll go to class and get a degree, with which they can at least earn a living. That's the real way most of these kids can take advantage of the gifts God gave them.

I donā€™t expect Curt to be drafted, but in the second round of what should really be a one-round draft, heā€™s got a shot because he can be a dominant rebounder if he concentrates on that. He might be better off as a free agent, though.

The Ben Wallace comparison ā€¦ hmmmmm. If he gets to that level as an NBA player, heā€™ll have surpassed even the most optimistic of Niner fansā€™ expectations, I would bet.

D.O.B.A.

Ktown, Mike P is saying he has a shot. You are saying no chance in hell. I think he can make a team, personally.

Curt can be a servicable role player in the NBA or a stud overseas. He could probably go over to Europe and make big bucks like Demarco and Henry did.

I agree with Mike P. If he concentrates on defense and rebounding and accepts that role, he could be a very good role player in the NBA. If Rodman could make it so can Curt.

Fortunately Withers is still young compared to his contemporaries. Most college seniors are 22 or 23. Withers is still 21. My guess is heā€™ll go undrafted, get signed as a free agent, and play summer league ball. If he impresses, heā€™ll be invited to a preseason roster and itā€™ll go from there. Whatā€™ll be interesting is if he opts for the NBDL versus playing in Europe to try to polish his offensive skills. But being young, heā€™ll have a window to get in the NBA thatā€™s a little longer than most college seniors.

I think a lot will depend on Curtā€™s attitude and his dedication toward making it in the NBA or anywhere else. The ball is in his court. Itā€™s up to him to make it happen.

Good luck to you Curt.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;176613]Ktown, Mike P is saying he has a shot. You are saying no chance in hell. I think he can make a team, personally.[/QUOTE]

Thatā€™s how the truth revolution worksā€¦ you take all sides. You disagree with everyone, but you agree with them at the same time. That way no matter what happens down the road; you can always dig up one of your old posts and prove to everyone that you knew said event would happen all along.

The only other thing you need to remember is to use LOTS of CAPITAL LETTERS to emphasize even the SMALLEST points. Now you are ready to start your OWN revolution. HAVE FUN!

[QUOTE=Max Power;176634]Thatā€™s how the truth revolution worksā€¦ you take all sides. You disagree with everyone, but you agree with them at the same time. That way no matter what happens down the road; you can always dig up one of your old posts and prove to everyone that you knew said event would happen all along.

The only other thing you need to remember is to use LOTS of CAPITAL LETTERS to emphasize even the SMALLEST points. Now you are ready to start your OWN revolution. HAVE FUN![/QUOTE]

:lmao:

nice.