David Booker - 2006 sf/pf

[QUOTE=survivor45;163740]We could really use a shot blocker/rebounder right now, and this kid would be awesome.

I saw the quote - pretty rough stuff:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like that guy really has us pegged…what a joke!

• Charlotte has a decent arena, but its campus is pretty ugly and is located in a totally non-descript, strip-mall-filled suburb. It takes 20-30 minutes to drive downtown for any serious nightlife or restaurants

have absolutly no clue where he gets this one from? I think the campus looks pretty nice. Also what does he drive a moped?

My thoughts exactly…

and would love to know what is degree is in from Northwestern that has opened up “so many doors” for him. From the mouths of idiots…

At least one of their fans has a brain:

[QUOTE=PACat]Charlotte has been in the NCAA Tournament a number of times in recent years.

They have perhaps the top player in the HS Class of 2007, Oak Hill power forward Michael Beasley, already on board. Lutz is obviously a very good recruiter.

They play in a conference that has a team that has been to five Final Eights since 1988 (Temple), a team ranked No. 1 in the nation two years ago (Saint Joseph’s), and a team that was ranked as high as No. 6 in the nation this year (George Washington). Plus another team (Xavier) that was in the Final Eight in 2004.

As far as his academic qualifications … being concerned about a kid with a 3.7 GPA and an ACT that is equivalent to about 1000 is definitely elitist. If we deny him admission, that’s pretty upsetting.

If he wants to come here, that is. Anyone deluding themselves into thinking our program has been consistently better than Charlotte’s in recent years (regardless of the result of one game in November) is just that – delusional.[/QUOTE]

I really want this kid. We need more frontcourt players for next year. Curtis is leaving some very large shoes to fill, not to mention Nance.

And don’t fool yourself - any kid that gets named Mr. Mississippi can play. If we wait too long, Kennedy will be all over him. I’d hate that for him, because we are putting together what should be an exceptional core of young players in '06 & '07. Booker could be part of something really special here. He shouldn’t overlook the publicity that he’ll get playing alongside Beasley & the rest. '07-'08 could feature Booker, Tatum, Wilderness, Beasley, Williams & Harmon on the floor of Bobcats arena on ABC/ESPN against Wake. With that kind of lineup, we’ll be on TV a lot. Not to mention the Hawaii trip next season. Wanna go see the islands this winter, Mr. Booker? Beautiful women in grass skirts, TV cameras, and Dicky V & Bilas in tacky print shirts? All you need is a pen.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;163758]At least one of their fans has a brain:

I really want this kid. We need more frontcourt players for next year. Curtis is leaving some very large shoes to fill, not to mention Nance.

And don’t fool yourself - any kid that gets named Mr. Mississippi can play. If we wait too long, Kennedy will be all over him. I’d hate that for him, because we are putting together what should be an exceptional core of young players in '06 & '07. Booker could be part of something really special here. He shouldn’t overlook the publicity that he’ll get playing alongside Beasley & the rest. '07-'08 could feature Booker, Tatum, Wilderness, Beasley, Williams & Harmon on the floor of Bobcats arena on ABC/ESPN against Wake. With that kind of lineup, we’ll be on TV a lot. Not to mention the Hawaii trip next season. Wanna go see the islands this winter, Mr. Booker? Beautiful women in grass skirts, TV cameras, and Dicky V & Bilas in tacky print shirts? All you need is a pen.[/QUOTE]

Agree with everything. Very, very well said. Come on Booker, you can borrow my pen!! :biggrin:

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;163758]He shouldn’t overlook the publicity that he’ll get playing alongside Beasley & the rest. '07-'08 could feature Booker, Tatum, Wilderness, Beasley, Williams & Harmon on the floor of Bobcats arena on ABC/ESPN against Wake. With that kind of lineup, we’ll be on TV a lot. Not to mention the Hawaii trip next season. Wanna go see the islands this winter, Mr. Booker? Beautiful women in grass skirts, TV cameras, and Dicky V & Bilas in tacky print shirts? All you need is a pen.[/QUOTE]

Nice work :thumbsup: :santa:

* Charlotte has a decent arena, but its campus is pretty ugly and is located in a totally non-descript, strip-mall-filled suburb. It takes 20-30 minutes to drive downtown for any serious nightlife or restaurants

have absolutly no clue where he gets this one from? I think the campus looks pretty nice. Also what does he drive a moped?

I saw that also. If you read a lot of the posts from the Northwestern fans you would think they had a program that rivals Duke. They are making statements like it should not even be a competition between them and us when it comes to Booker. I was on a site looking at some of their stats, and their record for wins in a season is 18. :lmao: That’s a joke. Just because they beat us in a down year. It’s just another example of fans from another school trying to degrade a team once they hear that they are losing a recruiting battle. Heck, if the old C-USA was still together, they would not have ever finished in the top half. They are a terrific academic institution, but as far as a comparison of men’s basketball programs, it’s not even close.

* Charlotte has a decent arena, but its campus is pretty ugly and is located in a totally non-descript, strip-mall-filled suburb. It takes 20-30 minutes to drive downtown for any serious nightlife or restaurants

This HAS to be someone whose last visit to Charlotte’s campus was ten to twenty years ago. Our campus looks great and is looking better and better with every month that passes.

Besides, it’s not covered all year with SNOW and ICE like Northwestern’s!!!

Northwestern basketball??? :lmao:

Maybe…

it’s from our [SIZE=5]FREAKING HIDEOUS MAIN ENTRANCE STRIP MALL SIGN!!!

[SIZE=2]…just maybe.

No worries though. That should all be gone in a few months :slight_smile:
[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

I heard a fact during one of Northwesterns games that there are more alumni of each Big Ten school in Chicago than there are Northwestern alumns.

Everyone of their games, the three they get on tv based on who is coming in, show a 50/50 crowd, if it werent for the other team they might get 3000 fans, and they wanna talk about their fan base.

If you did a linear regression on a scatter plot of alumni ignorance vs. institution’s academic reputation, it’d be… oh, 1.

i think all of you should go to maps.google.com and look where Moss Point, MS. Its pretty much where some of the worst of Hurricane Katrina hit. I don’t know if AAU was already over by then but that couldnt have helped his recruiting at all.

Booker will likely announce his intentions after the game. Keep your fingers crossed.

[QUOTE=The Provider;163787]Booker will likely announce his intentions after the game. Keep your fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

Listening to the game on the web - actually, the girls are still playing, ATM.

Listening to the game on the web - actually, the girls are still playing, ATM.

The game starts at 8PM CENTRAL

[QUOTE=The Provider;163787]Booker will likely announce his intentions after the game. Keep your fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]
If true, I think this is good news. Coming fresh off of a visit here, if it is down to us and NW, I like our chances

The game is starting right now. I will provide news if anyone doesnt want to listen, its okay my wife is working and i have no life.

if you dont want to listen you can just use this:

[URL=http://dakfiles.daktronics.com/downloads/DakStats/Webcast/ALHS/BB_ALABOYS_MSBOYS_03242006_M_1.html]http://dakfiles.daktronics.com/downloads/DakStats/Webcast/ALHS/BB_ALABOYS_MSBOYS_03242006_M_1.html[/URL]

Always, ID. I love how much time you spend on recruiting. Always have some good finds.

The Provider, please provide.

Byron Sanders was named Mr. Mississippi