David Booker - 2006 sf/pf

Byron Sanders was named Mr. Mississippi

He could have been a solid ball player had he went somewhere else.

[QUOTE=ninerID;163810]He could have been a solid ball player had he went somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

i’ll assume youre kidding. he couldnt have started for my rec league team. byron sanders is TERRIBLE

So no word from our guy?

i'll assume youre kidding. he couldnt have started for my rec league team. byron sanders is TERRIBLE

you dont get an offer from UNC if you are terrible. Look at reyshawn terry, last year you would have said he was terrible, but with game experience he has gotten a lot better. I also think that at a smaller program he would have had less pressure.

Not unless he yealls something from the court. I think that he will make his pick after the all star game which is just about at half time. Booker T has 9 points (3-6) with 5 rebounds

Anyone remember the movie Van Wilder? Where that frat boy is meeting the alums from Northwestern and he says “Northwestern im the shit”

Hahaha Northwestern

No. Name FG 3PT FT Reb A F Pts
3 Sims, Kevin 4-7 2-4 3-4 4 0 2 13
4 Calvin, Terrence 3-5 0-0 1-1 0 2 3 7
11 Hannah, Clevin 4-12 1-5 3-3 3 3 2 12
12 Suggs, Luther 3-6 0-1 3-4 4 0 1 9
20 Graham, Al 2-4 0-2 0-0 3 2 4 4
23 Hyche, Chris 0-1 0-0 1-2 4 1 1 1
24 Longmire, LeKendric 3-7 0-0 4-6 3 1 4 10
25 Leggett, Chris 8-14 0-0 0-0 6 0 4 16
33 McNally, Owen 0-0 0-0 0-0 3 1 0 0
35 Booker, David 5-9 1-3 3-5 7 0 1 14
44 Stephens, Andre 1-7 0-1 1-2 4 1 2 3
55 Bails, Derrick 1-3 0-0 2-2 1 0 4 4
Totals: 34-75 4-16 21-29 46 11 28 93

Not bad for Mr. Booker.

i expected 50 … lol jk

[QUOTE=ninerID;163817]you dont get an offer from UNC if you are terrible. Look at reyshawn terry, last year you would have said he was terrible, but with game experience he has gotten a lot better. I also think that at a smaller program he would have had less pressure.[/QUOTE]

i respectfully disagree. i for one have never said reyshawn terry was terrible. he played timid his first couple years, but i always thought he had talent. sanders averaged an obscene number of blocks and rebounds simply from being taller than everyone else (much like Iti in HS), but had/has ZERO talent (much like Iti). the guy has NO touch on his shot, has bad footwork, is a horrendous passer, cant put the ball on the floor, has NO post up moves…hell i could go on forever.

Game story:

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/sports/14183741.htm

[QUOTE]Booker, who scored 14 points and grabbed six rebounds, made the game’s biggest play. His three-point play gave Mississippi the lead for good at 87-83 with two minutes remaining.[/QUOTE]

:clap: :clap: :clap:

reading northwestern’s thread on booker is the most painful thing i think i have ever read. they have to be the biggest bunch of dorks ever. I especially love this post: [I]“I [SIZE=2]would hope the admissions office would realize that he can cut it in the classroom with the available tutoring.”[/SIZE][/I]

I’m guessing he made no annoucement?

I’m surprised we wasn’t looking at this guy because of his name.

LeKendric Longmire (Pascagoula)

Leemire, Longmire? :biggrin:

[QUOTE=ninerID;163817]you dont get an offer from UNC if you are terrible. Look at reyshawn terry, last year you would have said he was terrible, but with game experience he has gotten a lot better. I also think that at a smaller program he would have had less pressure.[/QUOTE]

some unc coworkers of mine tell me that terry’s biggest problem is that he is not the brightest guy…the team has nicknamed him “radio”

[QUOTE=Cornbread;163864]some unc coworkers of mine tell me that terry’s biggest problem is that he is not the brightest guy…the team has nicknamed him “radio”[/QUOTE]

Terry has been good since he came out of HS, but it didn’t get much of a chance to display his talent playing behind 4 future lottery picks & upperclassmen.

Booker would be a huge addition for our team. Come on David, Charlotte is the place to be!!!

Does anyone know if our coaching staff attended his game last night.

Actually Terry was only second team all state out of high school not the most impressive feat in NC, and playing at unc. Terry needed to gain a lot of weight out of high school, Bohlander his high school teammate was getting more minutes than him as a walk on. Remember Doherty recruited him, maybe he wasn’t all that bright, but unfortunately it’s hard to speak of that when we consistently recruit Juco’s

DAVID BOOKER COMMITS TO CHARLOTTE!!!

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=428&p=9&cfg=bb&c=8&yr=2006