Davidson Fans

[QUOTE=JKniner;142268]What did the we love children chant mean?

sorry for my ignorance.[/QUOTE]

They announced that Davidson raised more in the “Toys for Tots” promo than Charlotte did.

They chanted it right after the announcement.

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142277]
And Belk seats 5700. One of the nicest gyms in the country.

[/QUOTE]

its not THAT nice lol

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142277]

Halton sounded loud. I hope to see a game there sometime.[/QUOTE]

Belk is a GREAT place to go watch a game - but “one of the nicest gyms in the country” is a bit of an overstatement, don’t you think?

You weren’t at the game?? And yet you are commenting on how bad the calls were and how Lutz is a cheat and you didn’t SEE ANY OF IT???

HAHAHAHAHA…He’s very observant…from the radio.

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142277]U R a dick.

And Belk is one of the nicest high swchool gyms in the country.

Halton sounded loud. I hope to see a game there sometime.[/QUOTE]

Well, I’ve never been called one of those before. How &^*^%$# original. Now, you claim you were not even at the game tonight. If you weren’t there, how do you know all this crap? Your name is not really Mike P, is it?

I don’t have any grounds to complain about the calls. But I did hear the substitution scam on the radio, and, frankly, it smells. If the kid was really hurt, I’m sorry, but he sure kept playing just fine.

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142283]I don’t have any grounds to complain about the calls. But I did hear the substitution scam on the radio, and, frankly, it smells. If the kid was really hurt, I’m sorry, but he sure kept playing just fine.[/QUOTE]

He shot 1 - 8 from the floor. Is that fine? (he was 3-4 from the ft line).

Baldwin is a 75%+ FT shooter for his career…have some class

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142277]

[/QUOTE]

hahahaha WHAT!? its not even one of the nicest in the STATE :lmao:

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142283]I don’t have any grounds to complain about the calls. But I did hear the substitution scam on the radio, and, frankly, it smells. If the kid was really hurt, I’m sorry, but he sure kept playing just fine.[/QUOTE]

I posted this in the Game Thread where you mentioned this as well:

I don’t know what his avg is this year. But Mitch was our BEST free throw shooter last year.

Why pull your BEST free throw shooter…a Senior…in that situation?

Unless he was legitimately hurt.

He has separated that shoulder 3 times in 2 yrs (and had surgery to repair it in each of the last 2 off seasons).

Now, I will admit that Davidson’s bleachers are really nice.

Davidson fans had a great showing tonight.

I loved the “children” chant.

Davidson has a very good basketball team. If the big kid hits a few more of those inside hook-jumpers - they put us away. How many times did he get the ball in the paint?

As for our fan that called them classless. According to your story, you started it by getting in there face and yelling “we can’t hear you”. Show some class yourself.

And to wildcat92, please don’t make the comments you made, if you did not even come to the game to back it up.

Glad to see we finally hit some 3’s.

I was standing on the concourse during the first overtime and a Davidson dad and his young (5 year old or so) kid was with him. Right as he walked up was when Nance and that guy got tangled up underneath the basket. The dad looks right at me and says “typical Charlotte bullsh*t”. I turned to the guy, looked down at the kid, remembered the “we love children” chant, and replied “you’re such a great role model”. The guy looked puzzled, then walked off with nothing to say. Classless for him and a sore loser.

[QUOTE=buck33jr;142292]…The dad looks right at me and says “typical Charlotte bullsh*t”. [/QUOTE]

That sounds like something a NC State basketball fan would say to a Duke basketball fan.

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142248]

I’ve lost ALL respect for coach Lutz. Taking a player out from free throws because he’s “hurt” only to put him in on the next play?

[/QUOTE]

Mitch had surgery on that shoulder in the off season and hurt it again recently. He was held out of practice off and on the past couple of weeks because of it.

He took a hard foul and got scared that he had re-injured it.

He was our best FT shooter last year and did not come out of the game with the intention of cheating. The kid is a competitor and nobody on that bench would have any problem with him at the FT line.

Sour grapes is all that come to mind here.

Even in our down year, you’re stil our b*tch.

[QUOTE=49erpi;142297]Sour grapes is all that come to mind here.

Even in our down year, you’re stil our b*tch.[/QUOTE]

Very well said.

I don't have any grounds to complain about the calls. But I did hear the substitution scam on the radio, and, frankly, it smells. If the kid was really hurt, I'm sorry, but he sure kept playing just fine.
Dude. You weren't even at the game. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Shut the hell up.

I’m almost too busy chuckling to post this but the Davidson poster who wants to complain the most did not even attend the game?!?!?

Classic.

Even better than Belk gym is the parking situation up Davidson. Nothing is more fun than leaving RJ Gators at the Lake an hour before tipoff so you can park 1/4 mile away.

Do you like some cheeese with that whine? We know you cats wuz robbed last nite. You can go home now !