DeMario Mayfield 6-4 SG UGA transfer

We have had a solid track record with our transfers from BCS league schools, lets hope the trend continues.

Heā€™s got the same hairline as Coach Major.

Welcome to Niner Nation DeMario!

I was skeptical about this kid at first, but the more I read and hear about him, the more I like him. He is athletic, tall (for a pg), can defend, has a phenomenal midrange game (something many players today lack), and knows the game. I really think after a year of training and learning, he will provide us with a great three years. Welcome to Charlotte DeMario!

Is he a natural PG, or more of a combo guard?

Not to disparage him, we could use both.

[quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:45, topic:23189ā€]Is he a natural PG, or more of a combo guard?

Not to disparage him, we could use both.[/quote]

Mainly played PG in high school, but can also play SG.

the video of him in HS shows him attacking the lane quite often and pulling up for 10 ft jumpers.

Nothing is official until I read it in the Charlotte Observer or on charlotteobserver.com

Therefore, I am still of the mindset that this fellow doesnā€™t exist

[quote=ā€œJoeSixPack, post:48, topic:23189ā€]Nothing is official until I read it in the Charlotte Observer or on charlotteobserver.com

Therefore, I am still of the mindset that this fellow doesnā€™t exist[/quote]

Heā€™s following Coach Major on Twitter, what more do you need to know!

At least he isnā€™t a 5ā€™9" walk onā€¦

Letā€™s see what he can do before you call it a bad move.

Letā€™s try and give this kid the benefit of the doubt. Worst case scenario, heā€™s a solid Javarris Barnett type who comes off the bench a little here and there and makes some things happen. Best case scenario, he develops into a three year starter and helps us win some big games. Iā€™m excited to have him on board. Not too many 6ā€™4" pgā€™s out there.

He already did that in one game against Florida. He scored 5 points (2 of 2 fg) and dished out an assist in 4 minutes. I was reading on GAā€™s messageboard about this a while back and they said he was clutch and that he should get some more time. Iā€™m sure he can do that for us too, and probably more. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what coach Major does with Javarris. I think heā€™s got a lot of promise and we all know that Majorā€™s strong suit is player development.

I never knew he signed, because Iā€™ve been looking at charlotteobserver.com since Sunday. How long is it gonna take them before they do a write-up on it?? I thought we usually get some ink when we sign somebody.

Welcome to Ninernation Demario.

Now lets get a player that can help us next year

[quote=ā€œJoeSixPack, post:48, topic:23189ā€]Nothing is official until I read it in the Charlotte Observer or on charlotteobserver.com

I agree. In fact, Iā€™m not sure weā€™ve signed anyone in the past 5 years. I think all that stuff on this site is BS. By the way, how is our football movement doing? Have the students voted on it yet?

Coach Major and company think he is good enough to help us win games, if you canā€™t trust that then you might as well stop following the program for at least the next few years.

im quite sure i can criticize any recruit i want. i will support him now that he is here but for now i am skeptical.

At 1st yā€™all say he has a sh*tty practice, & then yā€™all say heā€™s great. Which is it?

And if all the ninerreport can talk about are prospects who have shtty practices, that doesnā€™t make me want to shell out the $100. I want to hear about the guys that have HOLY SHT!!! practices for my $100.

Can we reserve judgement until we at least have seen him play a game? Again, no is saying he is A10 1st team material at this point. He may be a project. He may be a career backup. But, the fact is weā€™ve got 2 guards on schollies and have at least 7 open scholarships for 2010 and 2011 (lets not even mention that we are woefully behind recruiting for 2010, and prob a little behind for 2011 already). He has a year to get better and has good potential since he can play both guard positions and has good size.

[quote=ā€œmoss2k, post:49, topic:23189ā€][quote=ā€œJoeSixPack, post:48, topic:23189ā€]Nothing is official until I read it in the Charlotte Observer or on charlotteobserver.com

Heā€™s following Coach Major on Twitter, what more do you need to know![/quote]

The Mission Statement of The Charlotte Observer is

[b]We deliver what people need to discover and understand the region.[/b]
[left]

I stand by what I said, until The Observer ā€œdiscoversā€ and ā€œunderstandsā€ this alleged recruit, he is not a member of The Niner Nation.

[/left]