Exhibition Post Game

Sure Shaq, Dwight Howard etc wish that were true. Shaq practiced them for 30+ years and it never worked for him. Maybe heā€™s the rare exception but I doubt it. Usually FT shooting is consistent and players donā€™t jump 25+ percent in one year.

Youā€™re jealous.

True some guys just suck at it and good job picking two guys who are historically bad at it - but FTs are hugely practice time results. The distance doesnā€™t change. Itā€™s all about practice and repeating your habit. If Thorne spent time simply practicing it is entirely possible that he simply got better at it.

It should come as a shock to no one that an ECU fan holds the belief that basketball players donā€™t improve over time.

Theyā€™ve been living that reality for decades

[quote=ā€œcasstommy, post:45, topic:27066ā€]It should come as a shock to no one that an ECU fan holds the belief that basketball players donā€™t improve over time.

Theyā€™ve been living that reality for decades[/quote]

qft

You are a clown. You amuse me.

And when Thorne shoots free throws, you actually see a nice stroke with some touchā€¦Shaq, Howard, they look like I do when I try to shoot left handed. Shaq was made fun of his entire career for his ā€œcatapultā€ that was supposed to be a shot.

At the line, Thorne looked confident, he had a quicker-than-most catch and shoot routine, and all but 2 went inā€¦ I think our two biggest men are now our teamā€™s best free throw shooters (not something to brag about, but it is what it is).

I LOVE Clark and am so pumped we have him for 4 years (fingers crossed). I really feel like with his lack of shooting skills he will get most of his minutes at PF with Bras still playing C. Without knowing what JT can bring, I feel like Clark may be competing for a starter spot with Clayton being the odd man out. However, against smaller teams, you can see how much Major liked having Clayton and Clark playing the C and PF spots together, so we may see a bit of that as 2nd string options against any smaller teams.

The more I think about it, itā€™s going to be really interesting to see how Majorā€™s rotation comes together. As someone mentioned earlier, no real world beaters, but what we do have goes pretty deep.

I think it is safe to say almost all of us underestimated Clarkā€™s ability to play lots of minutes at PF at his size. I agreed with most when they said he was likely too small to play D1 PF, but the kid seriously plays bigger than his listed 6ā€™6"ā€¦and with the nose for the ball that he showed last night, he would be a HUGE improvement over Barnett at PF, which puts it into perspective a little better (hell, Mayfield played PF at times with the 2nd string last season).

I canā€™t wait until Ingramā€™s lobs are more accurate allowing Clark to go getā€™em and throwā€™em down with authoritĆ®! Ingram was really sloppy (I did not see much of the first half). Someone said they only saw one bad turnoverā€¦I saw at least a handful, mostly ill-advised passes in traffic. That stuff can get worked out, but turnovers have been a huge problem the last couple seasons so I see Major keeping him on a short rope if that is Ingramā€™s thing.

[quote=ā€œStillJonesing, post:41, topic:27066ā€]Sure Shaq, Dwight Howard etc wish that were true. Shaq practiced them for 30+ years and it never worked for him. Maybe heā€™s the rare exception but I doubt it. Usually FT shooting is consistent and players donā€™t jump 25+ percent in one year.[/quote]Improving free throw shooting is not that rare. Itā€™s rarer that guys that actually practice at them hard (and thatā€™s questionable for Shaq)
do not improve.

Does any know what the internet reply is not up yet? It seems you can watch the game live but must wait for weeks for the reply.

Pfeiffer is a very bad basketball team. Being that said, I like what I saw out of Clark. Heā€™s strong and knows what to do with the ball down low. T Will Looked good. I still think he could be something special.

[quote=ā€œdmastinsc, post:48, topic:27066ā€]I LOVE Clark and am so pumped we have him for 4 years (fingers crossed).[/quote]I hope we only have him for threeā€¦because he leaves early to go in the first round draft. Hey, let a man have his dreams!

Quick thoughts on the game.

Clark looked great. Very bouncy in the lane and very physical. Seemed to be around the ball at every turn. But I am skeptical. He would have been one of the tallest kids on that Pfieffer team (Three Fā€™sā€¦wow!). I am not sure how well he will do against other PFā€™s who are 6ā€™7" or 6ā€™8". The one time he got blocked was by thier only 6ā€™7" player. I still have him slotted as a SF or a PF against smaller teams. (Grade: A+)

Clayton did not look as good tonight as he did in the scrimmage. Seemed a little timid. Showed flashes but in generall I am not worried about him. (Grade: B+)

Henry was a stud, but he needs to keep from fouling. Picked up two quick ones here and had to sit down very early in the contest. Against Pfieffer that wont matter, against a D-I program is another story. Still love the tenacity.(Grade: A)

E-Vick is just a series of dissapointments wrapped up in underachievment. He looks about the same as last year. Not good. Missed two wide open threes and a 12 footer from the baseline. He did hit a floater in the lane, but I dare you to go watch the replay and tell me he was confident that it would fall. Also he still is bringing the ball up from his hips and again the opposing team was able to strip it from him at least once. I was really hoping Major would have beaten this out of him by now. (Grade: D)

T-Will is going to have a great year. I am looking forward to his play. (Grade: A)

Ingram has a nice stroke and seemed to find space to shoot it. I am worried about his handles. He def got his pocket picked once and there were a few other times it was close. As he continues to mature this aspect of his game will need to further improve. (Grade: B)

Thorne looked very good. Lots of energy and was a pleasent surprise on the line. Love the 10 for 12 from the line. Needs to work on his hands. Still, it looked like he is ready to contribute. (Grade: A-)

Ivankovic: Well what can I say? He is big and he took up space, and he did that very well. Other wise a non factor. (Grade: C)

Bencovick? Benckovic? Benā€¦ ah who cares? Where did we find this guy? He was awfull, just awfull. Missed every three point shot he threw up (Some sharp shooter). Started to remind me of Green until he hit the layup. Runs stiff and is very slow on defense as well. Picked up four fouls in about three minutes of play. Short of keeping the bench toasty for the other players I have no idea what his role is. I will say this though, he has single-handidly restored some of my faith in recruiting sites. Rivals had him listed as a zero star unrated prospect and he lived up to the billing. (Grade F)

Honest, you do realize that ā€œIvanā€ and ā€œBenkovicā€ are the same person, right?

Good job Niners ā€¦ this win should greatly enhance our confidence and lead to a great start to the reg season.

side note: Former Niner Deuce Briscoe drops 26pts 5reb on #2ranked Louisville last night. Shot 41%fg 44%3pt.

Congrats !!! http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/ncaa/11/02/louisville-pikeville-exhibition.ap/index.html

I do actually. I am only using last names so Ivankovic is Ivan for short. You point is valid however I could see where people may get confused.

[quote=ā€œtrollfool, post:55, topic:27066ā€]Good job Niners ā€¦ this win should greatly enhance our confidence and lead to a great start to the reg season.

side note: Former Niner Deuce Briscoe drops 26pts 5reb on #2ranked Louisville last night. Shot 41%fg 44%3pt.

Congrats !!! http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/ncaa/11/02/louisville-pikeville-exhibition.ap/index.html[/quote]

Nobody cares what you have to say

[quote=ā€œtrollfool, post:55, topic:27066ā€]Good job Niners ā€¦ this win should greatly enhance our confidence and lead to a great start to the reg season.

Congrats !!! http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/ncaa/11/02/louisville-pikeville-exhibition.ap/index.html[/quote]

Glad for Deuce. Here is his stat line, but it has no bearing on the Charlotte exhibition game. You should not try to use former players to bash the coaching staff and to push your negativity. Everyone that looks at this site knows that you do not like the current AD, coaches, players, alumni, fans, media, sponsors, and towel boys. Thanks for posting.

Total	3-point		    Rebounds

Player p fgm-fga fgm-fga ftm-fta off-def tot pf tp a to blk stl min

10 Briscoe, Jamar g 9-22 4-9 4-6 3-2 5 2 26 0 4 0 0 33

Yup, 26 points out of the teams total 57 points with 0 assists. 93-57 final score. Sounds about like a deuce line.
He was the second highest scoring freshman in the country for a losing dII team to begin with.
Now I donā€™t know too much about basketball, but arenā€™t assists a big part of pg duty? What kind of team player is that?

i was about to make the same point. i like deuce. i wish him the best but it was in his and our best interests that he moved on.