FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s fun reading about Tennessee, Florida, UCLA firing head coaches because fans/boosters/AD’s will not except mediocrity. Yeah, we’re not those schools, it doesn’t mean we have to accept mediocrity though. Or in our case, being the worst team in FBS. If Lambert is not fired after this season, we should all accept losing. That is our mission statement. Just lose baby!

This is so important. They love the fail.

UNC couldn’t stop us from CUSA 1.0 or from starting football. What they want and what we can do are are different. Fuck them. We just need leaders with that attitude.

Nov 27 is the Monday after the final football game. Hopefully we know something then.

Nov 27 is the Monday after the final football game. Hopefully we know something then.[/quote]
Smart schools that know a
Move must be made do it now. Meanwhile, Judy and Phil and their thumbs up their asses.

So here is something to think about. IF Judy is considering leaving on her own there is no way she fires Lambert and hires a new coach. She would leave that for the new AD. If she fires Brad it means she’s gonna be here at least another full year unless people turn on her.

Thanks pal… As if I needed another reason to drink on a Sunday night

This is so important. They love the fail.[/quote]

I don’t think they give us the slightest thought anymore. There several UNC system schools that have far better football and basketball programs than us.

You all know if Judy fires Lambert she is going to pick another mediocre coach right?

Maybe another long time assistant at a big school who is ready to take the reigns of their own team!

Or better yet, maybe someone who had a great career in the NFL!!

This is so important. They love the fail.[/quote]

I don’t think they give us the slightest thought anymore. There several UNC system schools that have far better football and basketball programs than us.[/quote]

I am 100% positive UNC has helped keep us down. It’s not opinion. There is a chain of command like any organization. They absolutely love us failing in sports. If we were where we should/could be (USF, ucf, Memphis) then we severely damage UNC and NCSU sports. There are legacy brands being protected and Judy gets A++ in that regard.

clt says we should go after Gruden

Just remember folks what Choo Choo Dubois thinks of modest season ticket holders:

Dear Mr. Collie:

I appreciate your advice.  I also remember your sharing just about a year ago a strongly worded (and, in my view, inaccurate) characterization of my actions relative to the football issue and of the performance of Judy Rose. So, with that base of experience, I’m less inclined to pay too much attention to your opinion today.  With that said, I agree with all of the things you say about the team today compared to last year.

I’ve never believed that we could leave the hiring or firing of coaches (or anyone else) to fans, donors, alumni, or students.  They see the public face of the program (as you have described); they are simply not close enough to the real situation to be able to make considered judgments about the content or length of contractual obligations.  Nevertheless, their opinions do matter because we need their support to be able to put together the kind of financial packages that make it possible to recruit—and then retain—good coaches.  Season ticket sales are 500 below what they were just five years ago.  If people want us to stand behind this coach or that coach, then we need their help.  

And so, with that said, I hope you’ll consider more significant and consistent financial support.  Your lifetime giving to Athletics is modest for someone who has been out of school for 12 years and you have purchased season tickets, in fact,  only three of the last six years.  So, if you want to put your money where your mouth is, there is ample opportunity.

Best,
Phil

[quote=“punchdrunk, post:452, topic:31078”]Just remember folks what Choo Choo Dubois thinks of modest season ticket holders:

Dear Mr. Collie:

I appreciate your advice.  I also remember your sharing just about a year ago a strongly worded (and, in my view, inaccurate) characterization of my actions relative to the football issue and of the performance of Judy Rose. So, with that base of experience, I’m less inclined to pay too much attention to your opinion today.  With that said, I agree with all of the things you say about the team today compared to last year.

I’ve never believed that we could leave the hiring or firing of coaches (or anyone else) to fans, donors, alumni, or students.  They see the public face of the program (as you have described); they are simply not close enough to the real situation to be able to make considered judgments about the content or length of contractual obligations.  Nevertheless, their opinions do matter because we need their support to be able to put together the kind of financial packages that make it possible to recruit—and then retain—good coaches.  Season ticket sales are 500 below what they were just five years ago.  If people want us to stand behind this coach or that coach, then we need their help.  

And so, with that said, I hope you’ll consider more significant and consistent financial support.  Your lifetime giving to Athletics is modest for someone who has been out of school for 12 years and you have purchased season tickets, in fact,  only three of the last six years.  So, if you want to put your money where your mouth is, there is ample opportunity.

Best,
Phil[/quote]

CHAPEL HILL Phil is as much of the problem as Judy. Some times I wonder if his true goal is to watch us win or to watch us lose.

[quote=“punchdrunk, post:452, topic:31078”]Just remember folks what Choo Choo Dubois thinks of modest season ticket holders:

Dear Mr. Collie:

Best,
Phil[/quote]

This makes me angry… It motivates me to purchase an aircraft to fly around the campus with a banner on a weekly basis…I hate to say that my money may be better spent this way…FURIOUS after reading this man…the condescending tone :mad:

“We’re not going to listen to you but give us money”.

What a sh*thead.

Dear Mr. Collie:

Best,
Phil[/quote]

This actually enrages me. Enough of this clown. Please share this letter with whoever you can, because this is not an acceptable response from someone in charge to someone who is paying money for an absolutely disgraceful product.

We need to take a stand. I know it is easier said than done. We all just sit on this board, myself included, and we complain. Letters clearly are not working. We need to figure something else out and it needs to happen soon.

If she hires a new coach, that gives her another 5 years of excuses. She needs to go NOW. We cannot accept anything less.

I will give Judy credit for something. She has pulled most of the fan base together. We used to be divided but now everyone wants her gone.

[quote=“NJNiner12, post:456, topic:31078”][quote=“punchdrunk, post:452, topic:31078”]Just remember folks what Choo Choo Dubois thinks of modest season ticket holders:

Dear Mr. Collie:

Best,
Phil[/quote]

This actually enrages me. Enough of this clown. Please share this letter with whoever you can, because this is not an acceptable response from someone in charge to someone who is paying money for an absolutely disgraceful product.

We need to take a stand. I know it is easier said than done. We all just sit on this board, myself included, and we complain. Letters clearly are not working. We need to figure something else out and it needs to happen soon.[/quote]

Although I recently joined the message board and this is my first post, I am an alum (Class of '83) and long time supporter of the Niners. I’ve monitored the board from time to time, enjoying the conversations, analysis, excitement, and more recently, frustration. But, this letter from Dr. Phil is so disgusting, it has pushed me to make my first post.
How dare he respond so rudely and obnoxiously to Mr. Collie? Tim Collie has done more for UNC Charlotte athletics than Dubois has ever dreamed of, and he continues to be an advocate and community voice for our alma mater. Dr. Phil should listen to the message, as opposed to attacking the messenger. To smugly attack a former standout athlete by referencing his record of season ticket purchases (for a lousy product) is a breach of trust, ethics, and common decency. I have at times over the years declined to purchase season tickets when my parents were ill or when unexpected financial obligations arose, etc… This response was mean-spirited and irresponsible. I’d like to see Tom Sorenson expose this. The house cleaning needs to begin at the top.
Come on Board of Trustees. Do your job. Go Niners!

Chapel Hill Phil has done a lot of things I disagree with, but he never told one our prized recruits to go somewhere else after a verbal. Tim Collie aka Punch Drunk did that.