FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Without a last second trick play at homecoming to beat UAB we would have been 130/130, this program needs major changes and some great recruiting. I have hope for the future but it is going to take 3-5 years.

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:540, topic:31078”]Congrats Brad,

We weren’t last.

[size=12px][font=Helvetica][/size][size=12pt]https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/cbs/130[/size][size=12px][/font][/size][/quote]

CUSA with 3 teams in the bottom 10. And this was the best football conference we could get in.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. We aren’t that far off.

Penalites, Turnovers, Offensive Scheme, QB Play, Field goal Kicking game.

All very fixable. QB play will be most significant factor, and most difficult to change.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:543, topic:31078”]I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. We aren’t that far off.

All very fixable. QB play will be most significant factor, and most difficult to change.[/quote]

That’s like saying my golf game is really close to being great if I can fix my driving, iron play and putting.

Wait Clayton was serious?

We have a new offensive scheme. Hopefully, that in and of itself will limit penalties and turnovers, simply by volume of offensive plays, if not execution as well. We quite simply did not have the personnel to execute the offense we tried to run last year, which leads not only to not moving the football, but also to a lot of penalties and turnovers. Shane Montgomery runs a wide range of offensive sets, but in general plays a much more ball control style of football. It’s worth noting that his team that lost the national championship featured far below average quarterback play from a few different guys that couldn’t take the job from each other. Not to mention, many of our winnable games are those early non conference games, in which teams will have very little usable film on us. If we can jump on fordham early, they will have almost no usable film on us.

That leaves kicker, and QB. Kicker is obvious. We make kicks, and we are better.

QB is the struggle. I say this often too. Every team in FBS is a quarterback away from bowling. We land a Jalan Mclendon, and I’ll be legit excited. I’m looking forward to the spring, and seeing these guys compete in a new system. Everybody has a fresh start.

If we flop, we flop. New AD is gonna have a short trigger on this staff if it goes poorly. I know that, you know that, Brad Lambert knows that, and even the people applying for our AD position know that. I’m just saying I respect, and appreciate the changes that have been made, and I’m hoping they will have a positive impact. Say what you will about Coach Lambert, there’s about 100 guys in this program that know his job is on the line. They are either going to bust it like no other, or sit back and watch.

So Judy is still in charge. Last night’s game advertise FB meeting on Feb. 7 for recruit talk, & can’t find it on charlotte49ers.com.

Also, it’s RIC Flair, not ricK Flair.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:543, topic:31078”]I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. We aren’t that far off.

All very fixable. QB play will be most significant factor, and most difficult to change.[/quote]

You are kind of right.
Klugh was the biggest problem last season, specifically his inability to throw a fastball. I feel like he lost 20mph if his throws from 2016. Like he had a dead arm. If that holds up, we’re in a world of trouble. Also, I’m very concerned about our wide receivers as they will all be crazy young. The ones coming back aren’t that good.
Another problem that I think is huge is our not taking direct snaps. Our rb’s get the ball flatfooted, not moving toward the line of scrimmage. Phillips was so good and made this work. Lemay and McAllister aren’t good enough to do this. Neither is our offensive line.
Also, our zone allows a decent qb to carve us. We give up so much yardage in the middle of the field.
Having written that we did have a ton go wrong and could have won four games last season (UAB, ODU, A&T, and FIU).
We’ll beat Fordham and maybe another 1 or 2, but where I’m concerned is that we won’t compete in 7-8 games which to me is a mark of us not improving.
So while we aren’t so far away as some us think, we aren’t that good unless the redshirt freshman figure it out quickly.

[quote=“s9er, post:544, topic:31078”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:543, topic:31078”]I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. We aren’t that far off.

That’s like saying my golf game is really close to being great if I can fix my driving, iron play and putting.[/quote]

clt recommends the new M4 from taylormade.

Just like the Marshall post game thread. Need d1 bodies- We do not the have them in 2 major sports.

Coach until you’re blue in the face.

Too much slow twitch muscle fiber on campus.

[quote=“metro, post:550, topic:31078”]Just like the Marshall post game thread. Need d1 bodies- We do not the have them in 2 major sports.

Coach until you’re blue in the face.

Too much slow twitch muscle fiber on campus.[/quote]

My take is we have marginal athletes and we have low sport IQ. You can get by with a lower athlete IF they play smart - like Davidson. You can get by with low IQ players if they excel athletically to cover their mistakes. We have the worst combo.

Can we just fast forward to November when Lambert is let go and we can start over. I’m just grateful Rose spared us with another hiring of hers!!

Fingers crossed the new AD comes in, blows up everything and has the goods to right this sinking ship known as Charlotte 49ers!

Especially the stupid personal fouls.

[quote=“Tintin, post:548, topic:31078”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:543, topic:31078”]I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. We aren’t that far off.

You are kind of right.
Klugh was the biggest problem last season, specifically his inability to throw a fastball. I feel like he lost 20mph if his throws from 2016. Like he had a dead arm. If that holds up, we’re in a world of trouble. Also, I’m very concerned about our wide receivers as they will all be crazy young. The ones coming back aren’t that good.
Another problem that I think is huge is our not taking direct snaps. Our rb’s get the ball flatfooted, not moving toward the line of scrimmage. Phillips was so good and made this work. Lemay and McAllister aren’t good enough to do this. Neither is our offensive line.
Also, our zone allows a decent qb to carve us. We give up so much yardage in the middle of the field.
Having written that we did have a ton go wrong and could have won four games last season (UAB, ODU, A&T, and FIU).
We’ll beat Fordham and maybe another 1 or 2, but where I’m concerned is that we won’t compete in 7-8 games which to me is a mark of us not improving.
So while we aren’t so far away as some us think, we aren’t that good unless the redshirt freshman figure it out quickly.[/quote]

STOP clapping to get the ball. No matter what you tell out the ball is snapped on a clap. Guess what? The D line and Lab’s can get a jump by just watching Klugh’s hand. Major advantage to the D!

I got an email about football ticket renewal this week and it got me thinking. I have seen it mentioned here several times that you can skip a year of buying tickets and keep your FSLs. Is this in our contract? I want to keep my FSLs and my current seats, but the thought of putting $455 and six wasted Saturdays back on the board for other things has me intrigued. I do think I can outlast Lambert, so I don’t want to lose my seats by being short-sighted.

Quit posting and call Judy. She designed it. You defended her as GOAT since 1999. Pathetic

Quit posting and call Judy. She designed it. You defended her as GOAT since 1999. Pathetic[/quote]

Well somebody needs a hug. Thanks for the help.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2018/01/2017-final-ranking-of-all-130-college-football-head-coaches

Rocking 120, yeah baby!

I’m ready to reset FB and MBB and see what we can do with better leadership.

[quote=“89NinerGrad, post:558, topic:31078”]http://collegefootballnews.com/2018/01/2017-final-ranking-of-all-130-college-football-head-coaches

Rocking 120, yeah baby![/quote]
List is garbage. Jimbo Fisher worst coach in ncaa?