FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a Shawn Elliott kind of guy. Georgia State had two lame duck coaches to get them up and crawling before he came in last season and took them bowling (and winning) for the first time.

Weā€™ve got talent, we just need someone to light a fire under their ass and actually call a winnable game.

If we lose to Fordham, he should be fired before he gets to the locker room.

2 Likes

Lambert was an okay choice to start a FCS independent program but a poor choice to start a FBS program IMO. I know he was hired before we got the CUSA invite but it seems like he never escaped the FCS independent mentality otherwise we wouldnā€™t be signing so many guys with no other offers.

Iā€™d be VERY surprised if Hill is not making a list and making calls yet. He doesnā€™t strike me a person as ā€œletā€™s see what happensā€.

1 Like

Iā€™d be shocked if Hill doesnā€™t have a list ready and already talked to some prospective candidates agents.

Iā€™m intrigued to know what the closed door conversations with replacements look like when a current coach is on the hotseat - as well as how those discussions are initiated.

Hey would you be interested in moving to Charlotte and becoming a HC here? Our current coach is a dumpster fire and wonā€™t be here next year.

CONFERENCE USA ā€“ The hot job that up-and-coming assistants are eyeing is Charlotte. The location and recruiting base should yield better than Brad Lambertā€™s 7-29 record the past three seasons.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/college-footballs-hot-seat-conference-conference-breakdown-potential-hirings-firings-season-000008676.html

2 Likes

Lambert was on 610 this morning. He was good. Said some things good, some things not so good.

• Talked about how close we were in '16. Which is true. In order to make that happen, we were very young last year. Which was also true. The truth is, we were a couple of plays from being the fastest transitional program to Bowl eligibility ever, which is true, but ifā€™s and butā€™s donā€™t count in the w/l column.

• I didnā€™t like what he said about App. Heā€™s a humble guy, but he didnā€™t exactly sound like he was chomping at the bit. He used that platform to talk up ODU and Fordham.

• He knows itā€™s all on the line. I think we have a lot of age, and certainly more depth this year. Weā€™ll see how it goes. We need a lot of positive bounces.

Like Iā€™ve said, I think heā€™s done, but Iā€™d be the happiest man on earth if he makes me shut my mouth.

Maybe he was just being smart and not supplying them with ā€œbulletin boardā€ material.

I definitely got a lame duck John Fox vibe from Bradā€™s interview. Lack of energy, lack of excitement, lack of insight into the program. Get this joker out of here.

What do you mean here? Didnā€™t teams like Marshall and Georgia Southern get to bowls in their first years of eligibility after transitioning? Did you mean start ups instead?

I believe Brad has run his course here, but these snide, nasty references to him are not necessary. Heā€™s a good guy who helped start our program. Have some respect. Heā€™s going. Just have some class here. SHEESH!

1 Like

While I havenā€™t read all of the 600 posts herein, I donā€™t see where anyone has said anything bad about him personally (other than the fact that heā€™s a bit vanilla). Most people seem to think heā€™s a nice guy. His disappointing performance as a coach (and seeming lack of coaching ability at this level) is fair game for discussion, though.

Agreed. Brad is a great guy. Heā€™s just run his course and shown heā€™s not the guy to bring us to the next level. He was a good face of the program to get us started, but he doesnā€™t have the chops to be our FBS coach moving forward. I wish him nothing but success in the future.

What will you say if he has a great year?

Hopefully bye as he packs up his office.

1 Like

So if they have a great year you want him gone? Dumb

Once our fans start screaming fire someone, itā€™s no turning back for them, no matter what . Yeah. Go ahead and read previous posts.

He has been a loser for 5 years. I donā€™t care about one season. We gave Major an extension after an NIT year. How did that work out?

1 Like

He has shown REGRESSION on recruiting. Even if he has a ā€˜goodā€™ year, I donā€™t see it as part of an overall trend in the right direction. We have a coach with a defeatist attitude that almost got blanked last year and has lost the confidence and recruiting connections at basically all the local schools in the talent rich city where the school is located. The outlook is pretty bleak, even if we somehow become bowl eligible this year.