Fire Ron Sanchez

If every team in the country played this boring style basketball would be about as popular as shuffle board.

2 Likes

I dont think its boring when we are backdoor cutting and playing great defense and most importantly, winning…not a lot of that against Detroit mercy though

6 Likes

Have to have an answer when other teams drop back into passing lanes and have to be ok adjusting D when the other team counters pack the line effectively.

The trend in basketball for over a decade is the 3 point shot. More teams emphasize it each year as a way of neutralizing their deficiencies to keep up. Majority of teams below P5 level have to use it to compete. Now at Charlotte we have a defensive system thats main weakness is defending the 3 and our offense has no shooters. Are we a new trend setter for the future like it “use to be” or are we a team with a stubborn Coach that believes and implements the system above all the results to teach the pillars of life and basketball.

8 Likes

That :point_up:

2 Likes

I am not on the Fire Sanchez Train yet but can buy a ticket if what happened on Wednesday is repeated. In addition to the play on Wednesday, I did not like his preseason comment about Charlotte being a stepping stone to the big boys.

The start of the year was great, so hoping we can get back to it starting tomorrow.

clt says threadgill is a shooter

Not plavich or jobey, but a shooter

Yeah I noticed that he does shoot a lot but not many have accounted for points :rofl:

1 Like

Not on the fire Sanchez train either. I have not heard his comment about us being a stepping stone. I would like to hear the context.

Depending on how it was stated, he should be fired immediately. We should never make a comment like that as it only weakens our program.

Biff does not see our school that way. I love his attitude and comments. If our leadersip all had Biff’s attitude, ability, and vision we would have a med school, law school, and be a member of the SEC.

1 Like

Sanchez doesn’t believe in baseline screening for the 3pt shooter

1 Like

Mike Hill has doubled down on Sanchez like China has doubled down on covid shut downs. Sooner or later, even the power will know it’s bunk

1 Like

Maybe Hill knows more than us. Probably does. That’s his job.

Maybe Hill has made one winning hire that I am aware of for a major sport. Maybe we shouldn’t be carrying water for Mike hill when he brought us Healy and Sanchez

I’d play him in horse for a living and I’m 56. Good Lord

No dunking….

I think Sanchez could coach at Charlotte 100 years and not make the NCAA. Losing to several terrible teams every season kills your RPI/NET preventing an at large bid. The style of play doesn’t translate well to a conference tournament either because you are bound to run into a hot shooting team.

Welcome 2023 Ron! Poggi brings in a landslide of A+ recruits in ½ a signing period. Either Ron can’t recruit, can’t coach or both. His team put up 61 points in a loss that NC State put 107 points on in their blow out win. Don’t be fooled by the win loss column in this soft, powder puff schedule. I really feel bad for the players, especially Mr. Williams. They could do much better than play Boring RonBball.

This schedule was designed by Hill to make naive fans believe Ron has “earned another year”. Ridiculous. In a sport where two or three, if not one or two star players can get your team to the NCAA tournament, Ron has NEVER COME REMOTELY CLOSE TO FIELDING A NCAA TOURNAMENT TEAM!!!

That is your basketball coach NinerNation. There is sometimes a fine line between being supportive and optimistic, to being a duped sucker.

1 Like

Nothing but a troll…

6 Likes

What parts of the post are not true?

It’s not you’re wrong. We all know the schedule was weak. We all know that this team is flawed. We all know we haven’t smelled a tourney in years.

Difference is we know Sanchez is here this year and more than likely next and basically hope for the best. You seem to have a complex of “See? Told Ya!” whenever we lose like you have some special awareness that we don’t. Trust me when I tell you that anytime you want to sit and talk hoops let me know. You might learn something

5 Likes