Football Coach Candidates?

Coastal Carolina

Their coach is their version of Bobby Lutz - ties to the school and all

I hope Healy can right this listing shipā€¦but that ainā€™t happening. We can have a really good coach hired by early December if leadership will actually work at it.

I would make Skip Holtz tell us ā€œNo.ā€ the guy made $95,000 as a head coach this past season. Maybe heā€™s really not the right guyā€¦but itā€™s time to find the man who is.

4 Likes

95000? Where is he coaching?

Why did La Tech can Holtz?

I know he was making a living off of P5 transfer QBs, and winning shootouts, but it was entertaining football.

Saw Ruffin McNeill was on staff at NCSU. If he wasnā€™t already retirement age, Iā€™d at least think about him. Still think ECU screwed up when they fired him. But yeah, heā€™s at his last stop at NCSU.

Up the pay scale and get a proven guy. Time to quit cheaping out or just get rid of football. No more of this Mickey Mouse shit.

And fuck anybody in the AD that asks how much money I give. I donā€™t give shit and wonā€™t other than my tix and concessions. We are a state supported institution and I pay I fuckton of taxes. So piss on that arguement. Iā€™m a little buzzed btw, lolā€¦.

9 Likes

Hire a search firm.

1 Like

Judy heads up a search firm to hire the first women head coach in FBS. She will have hot legs and a winning smile. Living her best life at Club

Super Troopers Drinks GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Sounds a lot like the description we were given of our current coach. No thanks. Not interested in another gimmick hire.

We need our own Lane Kiffen like FAU got.

2 Likes

Vivica A Fox Money GIF by Face The Truth

Iā€™m surprised Alex Atkinsā€™ name hasnā€™t come up, but again he hasnā€™t been a HC before, and I think we want someone who has, and has proven he can win at the G5 level.

2 Likes

Id love him but we canā€™t match FSU OC salary. Iā€™d 100% make the call but donā€™t think heā€™d do it.

A lot of P5 OCs/DCs would have to take a pay cut to become a G5 head coach. Comes with the territory. Give up a little money to be the man. Itā€™s not that unusual. Has happened several times recently.

Yup but he did take a demotion to OL coach for more $$$. That was from CUSA though so maybe us being in the AAC could entice him.

Id be very happy if he was the next coach here, heā€™s good with organization and Xs and Os.

1 Like

Based on what Iā€™m seeing in this game on ABC right now. Getting FSUs OC as our HC seems pretty damn good.

What did we think of him when he was at Charlotte. I honestly cannot remember.

1 Like

We thought he was great and hoped he would be our next coach when Healy moved on.

Hah would be a much different path than we thought if that happened now.

I know we did all we could to retain him but we never recovered from him taking the FSU job.

Can we dig up Bobby Bowden?