Football Coach Candidates?

Remember, it takes Two to Tango. We can name names all day long, but they have to want to come here and think they can be successful. There is a saying, beggars can’t be choosers, we are the beggars.

1 Like
1 Like

If we don’t at least double the salaries of all of the coaches, we will get another head scratcher coach if Healy leaves.

1 Like

Minter is not coming. He secure at campbell and his business HQ is right near the campus there. $ will not move him away.

Not to mention he made it no secret he wanted to be our first coach and was not chosen. I’m sure he is probably still a bit bitter about that and maybe takes pleasure in our current ineptitude.

He also kept calling us uncc charlotte prior to attempting to get our job. Just saying

He was a name that came to my mind recently then I looked up his record at Campbell, not that impressive.

1 Like

Campbell plays at ECU this weekend, which should be interesting. Their OL is NFL sized and they were able to beat W&M :slight_smile: In addition Minter’s communication skills when talking to media are still sub-par.

Minter would probably not be on my list at all.

Great player, but I think he is about where he should be in his coaching career.

2 Likes

I’d just finally give up on the program entirely if we made another gimmick hire like Minter. Maybe he’s a better coach than will, but that’s a low bar.

1 Like

Now look guys. We were all out here telling Minter “get some HC experience first” when he was begging for the job a decade ago.

He has done his part.

I think the real question is would he even want to be our coach?

Not saying he’s the answer to our issues. I personally at least want a half-way successful G5 HC this time if not better. You do have to imagine when we hired Healy, Minter probably was thinking “WTF”?

I’m willing to bet the words “they hired Opie” were said at least once.

clt says Healy is a media darling

Not for long. Losing ruins everything as winning solves everything.

Why would we want Minter?

He’s 40-55 at Campbell, went 0-4 in 2020, 3-8 in 2021. Much better candidates out there.

5 Likes

No reason we would. Just a fun topic in dark times.

Campbell started football around the same time as us and they are FCS. However, they are a better team, have better recruits, and are better coached than we are. Those are the facts. Take it where you want to from there.

Campbell was the perfect first job for Minter and he’s done well there. That record is a little deceiving too because they started out in the Pioneer league and have now progressed up to the CAA starting next year. I think we can do better but he’s been a good coach for Campbell. Now if he wins the CAA I’d be ready to discuss this again.