Football Coach Candidates?

Houston is a hired gun. ECU is willing to defund medical departments to pay for the coaches they want. We arenā€™t at the level to do that yet.

I personally donā€™t care if Houston is a hired gun, the guy wins everywhere he goes

3 Likes

Cignetti had a much better resume but maybe he wasnā€™t interested. I never heard his name mentioned but i think he would have been a much safer hire. Thatā€™s always easier to say in hindsight.

We pay more. Period. Sun belt is beneath us.

1 Like

How long before Clark starts getting P5 offers? Iā€™m sure he would like to stay at App but he may get offers that he canā€™t turn down.

Donā€™t get it twisted, Healy is a hired gun also. He just hasnā€™t had enough success here for him to truly make that jump. If he happens to still be here, and somehow has much success next season, heā€™s probably out. :grinning:

clt says Heals is a great example of why you have to make the jump to P2 if available.

where does he go from here?

Since Healy is so young I wonder if heā€™ll learn some life lessons and end up being a successful coach one day.

Kinda got that vibe from his house upgrade this summer too.

Of course, I donā€™t know all the factors, but it was double his old place, which itself was nice.

At this level all of our coaches should be hired guns. Come in win and leave.

My issue with Houston was him just being a shit human. If you cant negotiate in good faith the F you.

2 Likes

If they end up the top g5 team this year, he will have offers quadrupling his salary or more.

If he leaves, wouldnā€™t shock me to see satterfield go back and app continue on without missing a beat

2 Likes

Yeah I had the same thought. Would really suck if we are both in the market for a coach and Satterfield chooses App over us but I could totally see that happening. Talk about kicking us when we are down.

And with no scholarships

Not again. Itā€™s only week 3 and weā€™re already singing the familiar chorus of, ā€œJust wait. App is doing so well that their coach is bound to leave. Then theyā€™ll suck like us.ā€ They had 3 coaches in 3 years and didnā€™t miss a beat. We need quality hires that will win games and change the culture. Throwing money at bad coaches gets us nowhere.

Theyā€™re record is trash at the FCS level, donā€™t we want a winner?

Good grief. Itā€™s Campbell and they have a better team. I personally donā€™t care if we hire Minter but he has recruited well there and many of his CoVid loses weā€™re to FBS teams.

He is a much better coach than Lambert or Healy and has done much more with much less. He has a really decent team this year.

That is the kind of coach we need to go after if they become available. Someone who has a good record at a big school but gets canned because they didnā€™t meet unreasonable expectations.

1 Like

Their womens basketball coach makes 195k?!?!?

Geez where is that coming from? Womens basketball generates almost no revenue.

I would have guessed something like 75-80.

I see we pay our womens head coach something similar. Shocking. I donā€™t understand where this money is coming from in this market. SMH