FSU Postgame

Agreed … but the bright side is at least MAJORSIZEKING recruits, plays and has some talented BIG guards on this team or this loss might have been WORST than “the WORST loss in the history of 49er basketball” ::slight_smile:

I agree. That team had no fight on that night. On top of it, Spears just started throwing up shots.

[quote=“cltniners, post:32, topic:28486”]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ109Bq53Qc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvQ109Bq53Qc

clt says to note the editing.

No pickles![/quote] The first tech makes sense, but don’t really understand the ejection there. FSU players were talking crap after the first T, seems like you just separate guys and get on with the game.

That was an awesome dunk. Pretty much the only bright spot from that game?

not sure why I want to see it…but any video of post game presser? Not much you can say I guess but curious.

From David Scott. Very accurate and telling.

This was not a good moment for a program hoping to continue on an upward trajectory under fourth-year coach Alan Major. Not only was it the most lopsided defeat in the school's Division I history -- eclipsing a 42-point loss against Duke in 2009 -- but it came with the added indignity of having two players thrown out of the game (Pierria Henry receiving two technical fouls for taunting, Willie Clayton for a flagrant-2 foul).

But Charlotte clearly didn’t come ready to play, which shouldn’t happen in a game against a quality opponent such as FSU. After the Seminoles jumped to an early lead, the 49ers became “spooked,” according to guard Ben Cherry.
Read more here: http://gmine.blogspot.com/2013/12/observations-from-florida-state.html#storylink=cpy

Major’s in his 4th year, his own players, his own system, new contract and making history. Great job coach. :wink:

This is all we got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7aGbI_VC0A&feature=c4-overview&list=UUKuiGnWXMS4JfRlBZQGjzzg

Observer post game article:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/12/17/4552049/florida-state-runs-past-charlotte.html#.UrGzHPRDsj4

[font=arial][size=15px]“We just got our butts handed to us,” said senior guard Ben Cherry[/size][/font]

[quote=“9erken, post:43, topic:28486”][quote=“cltniners, post:32, topic:28486”]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ109Bq53Qc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvQ109Bq53Qc

No pickles![/quote] The first tech makes sense, but don’t really understand the ejection there. FSU players were talking crap after the first T, seems like you just separate guys and get on with the game.

That was an awesome dunk. Pretty much the only bright spot from that game?[/quote]

I didn’t mind the 2nd T… From the ref’s perspective, down 25 and talking that much non stop is a a recipe for trouble… It was deserved IMO…

After a night to sleep on it - it was still one of the worst 49er games I have ever seen. From the play to the attitude to everything else. It’s a good thing the drinks were strong so the night wasn’t a total wash. I don’t know what else to say about the game. I expected we might drop this game, but never did I expect that. I guess I am supposed to say on to the next game, or on to conference play, or on to next year. Whatever.

[quote=“Mullins Maniac, post:45, topic:28486”]From David Scott. Very accurate and telling.

This was not a good moment for a program hoping to continue on an upward trajectory under fourth-year coach Alan Major. Not only was it the most lopsided defeat in the school's Division I history -- eclipsing a 42-point loss against Duke in 2009 -- but it came with the added indignity of having two players thrown out of the game (Pierria Henry receiving two technical fouls for taunting, Willie Clayton for a flagrant-2 foul).

But Charlotte clearly didn’t come ready to play, which shouldn’t happen in a game against a quality opponent such as FSU. After the Seminoles jumped to an early lead, the 49ers became “spooked,” according to guard Ben Cherry.
Read more here: http://gmine.blogspot.com/2013/12/observations-from-florida-state.html#storylink=cpy

[/quote]I’m amazed some people think Henry didn’t deserve the second tech. He wouldn’t shut up. Plus we don’t know how many cuss words he let loose.

Besides getting stuck on 5 points, two things killed us in the 1st half - #1 Rebounds, #2 getting back on defense.

Lester is very talented but sometimes has no clue on the defensive end.

i just want to see how we respond from this. the season is not over. this is where henry needs to man up and give the team a big speech about stepping up.

i was just breezing through the comments section on the observer site and it appears either metro’s daughter or wife is now taking shots at us. what is up with that family? lunatics.

We just got destroyed on TV - I don’t think being ripped by anyone makes them lunatics. We deserve to be ripped.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:53, topic:28486”]i was just breezing through the comments section on the observer site and it appears either metro’s daughter or wife is now taking shots at us. what is up with that family? lunatics.[/quote]I’m gonna give the girl the benefit of the doubt and assume she accidentally left her facebook logged in and metro left a comment with her name by mistake. I want to believe that anyway.

Ah nevermind, that’s his wife. She just has their daughter as her profile picture.

I also noticed Tim wearing a gamecocks hat in the picture.

Gotta at least respect the commitment to the task and the hustle.

She was 10 hours ahead of him on the post.

[quote=“hootie, post:25, topic:28486”][quote=“cltniners, post:21, topic:28486”]clt says he is the leader of this team. He had a Great Play and was excited.

The first tech was quasi merited.

Second tech was bs

clt asks about major’s response? It was hard to tell with the acc coverage.[/quote]
We really don’t know if 2nd was merited or not. He should have got the 1st T for being stupid enough to preen down 25 pts. He was jawing and wouldn’t STFU, he probably deserved it. The FSU guys probably said, “Look at the scoreboard you stupid f### and he went off.” I applaud FSU if that was what happened, BTW.

Willie has got to learn to get his elbows without throwing them- you’ve been called a few times, learn dammit!!

Got ran tonite, hopefully we learn and move on. Just a bad game, it happens. 7-3, all is not lost[/quote]If you would have said before the season started we’d be 7-3 at this point, most fans would have been happy to take it. The win over Michigan got most of us a bit giddy. :-*

[quote=“s9er, post:49, topic:28486”][quote=“9erken, post:43, topic:28486”][quote=“cltniners, post:32, topic:28486”]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ109Bq53Qc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvQ109Bq53Qc

That was an awesome dunk. Pretty much the only bright spot from that game?[/quote]

I didn’t mind the 2nd T… From the ref’s perspective, down 25 and talking that much non stop is a a recipe for trouble… It was deserved IMO…[/quote]yeah hard to argue Henry didn’t deserve to be tossed.

I didn’t see what Willie did, but it sounds like he deserved it too.

We just got destroyed on TV - I don’t think being ripped by anyone makes them lunatics. We deserve to be ripped.[/quote]

im not disagreeing that we dont deserve to be ripped, we do. im pointing to the fact that this dude waits for a charlotte 49ers story on the observer so he can post something negative. to me that is very psychotic. plus the fact that he is wearing a gamecocks hat is a whole other deal. this guy wants to be right more than he wants us to win. let us not forget the clayton twitter incident. he needs help.

Don’t have much to say about the Beatdown, however, I do not like having 2 players ejected. Major was brought here to change the culture. I’m embarrassed not because we got crushed, that happens. I’m embarrassed with our conduct.